Scotish Premier League Cup Final [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Scotish Premier League Cup Final

MarkDoogue
04-18-2002, 11:16 PM
As luck would have it, work has me in Scotland for the Premier League Cup Final in May.

Any board members in the vicinity that want to meet up for a pint or a wee dram of your national elixir? I've yet to see my itinerary, but, I'd hazard a guess that St. Andrews or Royal Troon are on the docket as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get away for at least part of one day to do my own thing.

Penguin
04-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Mark...somebody has to do it! Might as well be YOU!
Be sure to look "the other way" before you cross the street...
'Don't want to see you ending up as a hood ornament on some MorrisMinor!...
Gimme' a shout at Area 61 when you get back...'goota' get your boat all wet and see if it really floatzzz!
Cheers!

Adrian
04-19-2002, 04:18 AM
Mark

You might want to pack a four piece rod in your golf bag - May can be quite good North of the Border ;)

pmflyfisher
04-19-2002, 06:24 AM
My god a business trip to Scotland in the spring, yep golf clubs would be first think packed and them the fly rod. Would do golf first if time was available. Great vacation for me would be scottish golf one half of the day and atlantic salmon fishing the other half. Have to check out those packages some day.

Hope you have some time to do something. My business trips now usually do not permit any leisure time in a location like the old days. Now it is in and out for a crisis with barely enough time for lunch, or anything but meetings

Good luck

Hal

P.S. Wouldn't mind seeing a good soccer game either !

MarkDoogue
04-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Well, it's a Celtic v. Rangers final, and, it appears both St. Andrews and Muirfield are on the docket for Thurday and Friday.

The birthplace of golf the first dayAND the site of the 2002 British Open the next, I am truly blessed!

Now if I could just catch a fish some time soon.......