Spring birds showing up... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring birds showing up...

juro
03-12-2001, 10:27 AM
Boy the sun is strong lately, and I heard songbirds as I started my truck this morning. Didn't even need to clear off snow. A co-worker reports crocuses popping in his yard. I would imagine that guy's yard in Woods Hole near the pier is popping some shoots by now. Maybe that was the last snow of the winter...

Lefty
03-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey Juro- 4 weeks and we are troutin! Nice to see ya at the show, I owe you a buck.

Terry

jared
03-12-2001, 01:49 PM
I heard some spring songs this morning too...shouldn't be too much
longer now....

--jared

timwatts
03-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Thats funny, I was down a small stream in a marsh this afternoon and the red wing blackbirds were singing up a storm. The skunk cabbage is popping up to.

juro
03-12-2001, 04:20 PM
Tim -

Glad to hear the news from "down south"...

Please email us to get involved in the stream restoration projects you are frequently involved with, I feel kinda guilty that I haven't participated in that sort of thing since moving to the east coast.

You can have us sign a non-disclosure agreement on their locations http://www.flyfishingforum.com/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

DennisS
03-12-2001, 09:42 PM
Crocuses popping up? Where I live in north central Mass, there is still 3 to 4 feet of snow on the ground. While snow shoeing Sunday I was able to bury the my ski pole up to the handle. I hope the spring run off takes its time this year...........