CCA-Cape Cod, next mtg. w/ Joe Cordeiro [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CCA-Cape Cod, next mtg. w/ Joe Cordeiro

bcasey
04-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Join us for the next general membership meeting on May 14th at 6:30pm. this will be our last meeting before the summer break. Joe Cordeiro will be our featured presentation for the evening. If you have not had the pleasure of watching and learning as Joe does his magic with the flatwing style patterns he has become famous for , I assure you, this will be an event you don't want to miss. For years, Joe has been tying the Kenny Abrames style patterns straight out of Ken's book, "The Perfect Fish", and has become a premier tyer and, he throws in some laughs as well. Come and watch as Joe demonstrates the "Razzle Dazzle" or the "Eel Punt" or some of the other patterns that are a must for your fly box.
I think we can even get him to add a couple of his creations to our raffles.
During our last couple of meetings some of the members have donated items such as fly lines, flies, books, lure and tackle bags and even Red Sox tickets. These donations are greatly appreciated and make for one heck of an event when coupled with the fantastic bucket raffle items we usually have. Thanks for the donations, and keep them coming.
This meeting will be held at a new location, to us anyway, at OLIVERS in Yarmouth Port, where we will enjoy an extended menu and more room to breath. The last meeting was attended by 70 members and guest, so as we grow, so do our needs.
BTW, 19 new members signed up at the meeting last month.
With the new location we find it necessary to provide a headcount to the restaurant 5 days prior to the event, so PLEASE, let me know of your reservation on or before May 9th. Call me at 617-543-8354.
And remember, bring a friend. Last month we created the "George Driscoll Award", George made 9 reservation for last months meeting, so if you can top that you will win a CCA hat and receive a 1 year membership, new or renewal.
Cost of the event is $20 which covers dinner and the speakers fee.

See you there,
Brian Casey
President, CCA-Cape Cod

striblue
04-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Brian.. I will plan on taking that Wednesday off so I don't have to drive all the way back to Boston... and will attend (I hope).. I will also bring a box of flys for you.

bcasey
04-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Somehow I had a feeling you were not going to miss this one, Thanks John.

FredA
04-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Brian,
I'm planning on attending.

bcasey
04-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Just a reminder ! We're starting to get a good crowd going, so get your reservations in early, Thanks

bcasey
05-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Gotta give a head count on Friday pm. Get back to me asap. Thanks:)

bcasey
05-10-2002, 06:57 AM
Last Call ! Gotta get the head count in this afternoon. If your interested, give me a call @ 617-543-8354