Say a prayer for the Hoh [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Say a prayer for the Hoh

Steelheader69
04-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Heck, say one for me as well. The rain we've had has made her start to spike. Luckily, she's already done a turn around and heading down. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep dropping!!!!! Only one more day before I head that way. Thursday is no biggie, but Fri-Sun is my main fishing days on the river.

We'll see......... I guess plan B may have to go into effect. The Wynoochee is still holding.

Doublespey
04-10-2002, 07:04 PM
With the Hoh, a prayer is often all you have when the rains hit. :eek:

Good Luck!

DS

Jumbo
04-11-2002, 12:40 AM
fished the Hoh at 2600 earlier this year. had some luck.

get after it.

Steelheader69
04-11-2002, 01:04 AM
I've fished that river from almost blown to a downright trickle (which barely happens). She's still coming down. I normally get about 4-8 trips on the Hoh per year. Hopefully she'll keep dropping. Won't be on the river with boat until Friday. So tomorrow hopefully it'll drop some more.

roballen
04-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Hey Jerry just leave your gear rods at home this time take only bug rods...

Steelheader69
04-11-2002, 12:34 PM
I only am using my single and doublehanders. I will be packing conventional gear, but it's for my passengers. I won't be using it at all, because I HATE spinning reels. Don't use them. They're my girlfriends rods. But she does want to try out a spey rod, so I'm packing my now "backup" rod (my Cabela's brand St Croix 14' 9#) for her since I picked up the Sage from Doublespey. I'll be throwing that rod mostly. I'm trying to get the hang of it. But also packing my 1 hander, because I can do a quick flip with that while I'm floating. It's kinda hard to be running the sticks, and swinging a spey. So will have my 1 hander ready for the quick flips.

Well, river is still dropping. Little by little, but still coming down. Hopefully she'll come in full force by this weekend. We'll see.