Surf Candy [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Surf Candy

striblue
04-01-2002, 10:49 PM
Your standard surf candy or silversides ..all Polar fiber with strip of flash and two coats od epoxy.. the last to smooth it out.

juro
04-01-2002, 11:11 PM
Nice touch w/ the Stetzko painting in the backdrop!

Could you include recipes with all these pics please? thanks!

striblue
04-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Juro.. i will do it later..too tired now.. also I wanted to put in the pictures of the Steelehead flys from that swap.. I have other flies I will put on from time to time ..the ones I had at the show,, cease flies..polar fiber hy-ties,,,,etc..etc. after that I will begin the Bonefish archive ,one at a time with recipes of 140 bonefish flies. hold me back if you want.

juro
04-02-2002, 07:07 AM
Bring 'em on! :)

BTW - that camera seems to be working out really well for you. I just picked up the Canon A40. It's way bigger and heavier than the Nikon Coolpix or that 'spy-sized' camera you have (Sony?) but Canon makes a diving case good to 100ft and the cost of the camera (w/o case) was $299.

I am hoping some of our photography guys will be interested in a new Forum section on photography?

grego
04-02-2002, 12:05 PM
StriBlue,

I like to wrap the shank with Silver Braid all the way to the bend, ala Bob Pop.; this simulates the "Belly Sack" of many small bait fish.

The Polar Fibre Looks Great! I've done Most of mine with Super-Hair, but I've also done Buck-tail & some Bunney Strips.

BTW: ALL of my epoxies from last season have turned cloudy -- like Milk. I guess I should think about going to 20 minute (they claim it stays clear longer) or Just tie epoxies in small batches as I need them!

striblue
04-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Grego, the picture does not show it well, but I do tye the shank with pearl braid to creat the belling . On others I wrap one strip of silver flashabou around the shank.