Fly Fishing Forum banner

Simms new flats sneakers.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ssully 
#1 ·
I bought a pair to fish in the Bahamas and am very impressed with this product. They should work great with a pair of stocking foot waders in the Northeast as well. My .02

#2 ·
Ssully -

Funny I was just looking at them on the Simms site.

Questions:

a) are they gussetted so that the tongue is connected to the shoe on both sides? (prevents sand entry)

b) are the vent holes screened?

c) heavy?

d) who carries them in stock?

thanks,
Juro

#3 · (Edited)
Juro,

a.) Yes. Also the top of the shoe has a built in neoprene cuff. With these you may possibly be able to get rid of the gator gravel guards.

b.) Yes, no sand period from my experience.

c.) No, extremely light weight. Also soles are non skid and will make for great boat shoes.

d.) I believe I bought mine at the show from Firefly Outifitters (Captain Joe LeClaire is affliated with the shop) in Boston. They were the only ones who had them at that time. Anybody who carries Simms products should be getting them in stock soon. American Angling in Salem NH was waiting for a shipment.

Mine are a size 10 and you are welcome to give them a spin before you buy. I think you will be truly impressed.

I don't own stockingfoots yet... and besides I still have my Frankenstein boots. :D

Also I forgot to add they drain water very quickly. Plus I was able to walk across razor sharp coral that would have tore my feet to shreads in regular sneakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.