Chatham Cut Looks a Bit Different [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Cut Looks a Bit Different

FredA
03-28-2002, 04:31 PM
But then it always does. Took a break from some spring cleaning Saturday and took a ride to the light. Wife was even amazed by how much its changed, but maybe she's never seen it at that tide stage. Looks like the end of Nauset is a bit broader with a rather significant exposed shoal on the inside at the low end of the tide.

Seems like the spit at the end of the bowl (formerly Big Girl Bar) continues to rotate to the north. But I say that every time I see it so who knows. The wind was crankinig and I didn't want to get sandblasted (wimp) so I didn't take a closer look. Wish I had.

Big tide this weekend so I think I'll get up for the sunrise and have a look at the bayside. If I'm good and finish my chores I may put the kayak in at the top of the tide where, rumor has it, the holdovers have been active recently.

Lefty
03-28-2002, 04:42 PM
Cool. Maybe there will be some fish there this year too. :(

Lefty

striblue
03-28-2002, 08:32 PM
Fred,,, I will do a trip down next weekend and check things out... will take a walk at low and see what's what, unless I decide to go to Singing beach on the north shore. look up Terry,and see if that beach has changed at all.:p

FishHawk
03-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Let the games begin the scouts are checking things out. Great.
FishHawk

Lefty
03-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Hey Striblue,

The only thing singing at Singing beach this year will be my reel buddy, so there. Down Chatham you'll be singing the blues. :o

Reminds me of a joke:

Q. Did you hear what the dead blues musician sang?
A. "I didn't wake up this mornin....." :hehe:

Lefty