Hope this is not your fishing spot !! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hope this is not your fishing spot !!

pmflyfisher
03-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Makes you wonder why any one would even bother to pursue steelhead or salmon, or any fish in this type of situation

This is a western New York river believe tributary to Lake Ontario. They are waiting for the fall salmon run to arrive. I wonder what it looks like when it arrives ? Now they are waiting for the spring steelies

Do you see any fly fisherman ? They would probably be publicly flogged if they tried it here.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/23187393/23188183eGCKlXXbQK

old man
03-28-2002, 06:05 AM
The only time I've seen it look that crazy was opening day at the Fortson hole on the N/fork of the Stilly. Or another place that comes to mind is Reiter Ponds on opening day. They also look like a circus. That is no place for a fly fisher.

If your wondering why I'm up this early(0400). I woke up dreaming about tying flies. Just one,the Phantom Nymph,on how to improve it.

Just couldn't sleep. Jim S.:D

Hawkeye
03-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Still not as bad as the Kenai River in Alaska. When my brother and I were there it was litterally shoulder to shoulder and TWO deep. I've also seen it worse than that at Hoodsport in Washington and there are a good number of flyfishers there - prime conditions for hot words and I saw that happen a few times.

pmflyfisher
03-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Jim S.

You must be some FF dreaming of perfecting your flies etc..

When I FF I look forward to quiet and being all alone on a beautiful wild stream, whether or not I catch fish does not matter any more, at one time it did. Now the chance for the pursuit of them is all that is needed.

A 15 LB steelhead though would sure be nice on my new spey rod !! :devil:

Maybe tomorrow ?

Best

Hal