All quiet [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: All quiet

steelheadmike
03-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Well guys my Hudson River streak has come to a hault. The large school that was present from mid Feb has now moved on. On a brighter note there is a considerably larger school just a little south of my area that should be getting ready to move. Lets just hope they make a stop in the Croton area. ( Usually do but some years they swim by and thumb their noses ) Sight fishing for 5-25lb Stripes in April...... Oh you bet ya!!

As far as my boat question last week I've decided on a 20ft Lund Alaskan Center Console pushed by a 90hp Yamaha. Should be quick, stable, durable and most importantly AFFORDABLE.

Just wondering if any of you would reccomend a tin boat for the "Race" or Watchill or even Montauk???

Lefty
03-27-2002, 09:45 AM
Thanks for sending them our way!
I like that Lund too.

Lefty

steelheadmike
03-27-2002, 10:42 AM
What type of Tin Can do you have? I currently have a 16ft Sea Nymph that I revamped for the shallows. Good little shallow water boat but need a little diversity. Need something to chase them in some bigger water. I want to sell it for $4800. It has a brand new Nissan 50 3cyl Oil Injected new Marine Grade ply floors Power Tilt and Trim and controlls. The hull is 1990 and not a dent on it. Am I asking too much? The Engine was $3500 last year.

Lefty
03-27-2002, 11:37 AM
I have a 14' Mirro Craft. Vintage boat 1961 ish.
My Dad bought it when I was 7. Fished in it all my life and now I'm in my forties. It's bone dry and good solid guage alum. I rebuilt the transom with the marine grade plywood last winter. Just bought a 96 Merc 15Hp for it. It flys. No big water for me though.
You should put that boat in the for sale board.
Is that motor a 2 stroke?

Lefty

steelheadmike
03-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Yup. 2 Stroke 3cyl Oil Injected

steelheadmike
03-27-2002, 01:33 PM
I re-enforced the transom myself before I put the new motor on. I used 1/4 stainless steel!! You couldn't shake the transom loose if you put a 225hp on the back.

steelheadmike
03-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Do you take that boat out to Monomoy & South Beach?