Fez's---Need help [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fez's---Need help

striblue
03-21-2002, 10:14 AM
OK.. this is critical... does anyone know where I can buy a bunch of Fez's.... I was going to try "Marine Specialties,Inc" in P-town which is a great Army-Navy store...got my French Foreign Legion hat there. Fez's not Fuzzes...Hat's ...right?

John Desjardins
03-21-2002, 10:46 AM
A Fez with an ascot what a fashion statement when fishing the flats. Maybe ask a Shriner?

FredA
03-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Man, I don't know where this is going. But I have a vision of sun burned and worn out grown men sitting on a back porch in Chatham drinking Maui wowie coffee or single malt pogie oil, with ascots and fez's. Sure glad the propriortor had the good sense to surrender the back yard to nature's growth so the neighbors can't see.

Ok Dave I'm looking - found this so far.

http://i-cias.com/cgi-bin/eo-direct.pl?fez.htm

Lefty
03-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Will they help me catch in Chatham?

DFix
03-21-2002, 12:05 PM
To you three -

Yeah, and what of it ??? - just help with where to get 'em, and never mind the snappy cracks:whoa:

Penguin
03-21-2002, 12:21 PM
...There's a small shop on the outskirts of Giza (Egypt) otherwise...
'Know and Shriners?!

John Desjardins
03-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by DFix
To you three -

Yeah, and what of it ??? - just help with where to get 'em, and never mind the snappy cracks:whoa:

Sorry I couldn't resist the barb though I did have a suggestion in there Try this link http://www.lovemygift.com/red_shriner_fez_hat_with_gold_tassels.html

striblue
03-21-2002, 01:00 PM
You guys are too much...Dave Fix just called and located a place in Boston called Bostom Costume on Kneeland Street selling Fez's for $30.... but John D just posted a site where I can get them for $12... red with gold tasels. Thanks... now for the design.

DFix
03-21-2002, 01:07 PM
At the request of Mr. Venerable President:

Will the Members please contact Mr. Venerable President or his erstwile assistant, Lothar, regarding the 2002 Annual Meeting. It is Venerable Mr. President's desire to confirm Members' continuing interest in this year's haberdashery requirements, and commitment to appropriation of funding therefor.

Respectfully submitted,

Lothar.

To Most Worthy Members and Venerable Mr. President:

Honorable Mr. John D has provided an outlet for all weather headwear. Lothar must ask if Most Honorable Members have preference of Nylon or traditional Egyptian Velvet, as Lothar must now work on appropriate design for headdress:smokin:

striblue
03-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Dave... I will pay for them and they can be interchangable with who ever is there... unless one wants there own... which I would doubt.

Lefty
03-21-2002, 02:22 PM
New England yankee version: Buy some Quaker Oats in the round container. Remove oats and save. Cut container to needed length. Take fly tying thread and wrap a bunch of super hair in a bunch to make a tassle. Fasten tassle to top (or bottom) of container.

(and don't forget to eat the oatmeal. no sense in wasting good food. Don't you know people out there are starving!)

Lefty

DFix
03-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Gave me a great laugh, Terry - reminded me of using Quaker Oats and Land-o-Lakes boxes when I was young; amazing what passed for toys back then.

ssully
03-21-2002, 06:04 PM
There's the $6.95 econo Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/fezecon.jpg

The standard Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/fez.jpg

The funky Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/funkyfez.jpg

The secret order of the Grand Wahzoo Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/fezeye.jpg

The hiding in the weeds Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/camofex.jpg

And the "I guess it's OK if that's what you're into but I don't wanna know anything about it" Fez...
http://home.attbi.com/~ssully/stuff/eekfez.jpg

Lefty
03-21-2002, 06:47 PM
I think that last one is the L.L. Bean "Camp" Fez.
Yup that's it.

Lefty

striblue
03-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Sean, those are excellent example... I love the standard Fez but may opt for the economy version... wait... that's tacky... need to get a few of the real thing... By the way ,the last one is standard headware for the P-town anglers club.

Penguin
03-21-2002, 10:15 PM
John...I reluctantly accept the fact that I am an anal-retentive-ptsd-effected-digitally-challenged-war veteran but when are we going to get to the secret handshake? !
If I am not included in the "master plan" please send me the coordinates of the CAC so that I can properly set the guidance system of the surplus tomahawk in the Area61 aresenal...
ThankYou and I'll see you on April Foods Day to celebrate!

ssully
03-21-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
I think that last one is the L.L. Bean "Camp" Fez.
Yup that's it.

Lefty

Lefty,
If that's the camp FEZ I'm passing on Washburn this year. :D

FishHawk
03-22-2002, 06:13 AM
I think that the Iron Man needs a Striper Fix. What's up with the fez? Are you smoking the wacky cigarettes?:hehe:
FishHawk

Nick
03-22-2002, 07:53 AM
You guys are killing me. Too much for this time in the morning!

Nick

Sprocket
03-22-2002, 08:34 AM
I think one of the "funky style" would serve well to distinguish the "Grand Poobah", a real one for each of the officers and the rest can wear econo-jobs...

What lodge did Mr. Cunningham belong to? (Happy Days Dad) Anybody rememeber?

It was the "Leopard Lodge"! Caffine has kicked in...

DFix
03-22-2002, 08:55 AM
I personally prefer the red velvet with appropriate tassel. I believe the leopard pattern belongs to a temple in Nairobi.

striblue
03-22-2002, 10:20 AM
Fish hawk... the Fez is the official headwear of CAC...when in session... it was introduced by Penguin... a real one from Cairo... This is serious stuff here... It replaces an old orgainization known as the Royal Order of the Racoons... Ralph Kramden and Fred Norton.

DFix
03-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Fred must have been Ed Norton's long lost brother that never was mentioned on the Honeymooners:rolleyes:

FredA
03-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Probably a Fruedian (sp?) slip - thinking about Ed Norton and his designated fishing caddie at the same time.

DFix
03-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by FredA
Probably a Fruedian (sp?) slip - thinking about Ed Norton and his designated fishing caddie at the same time.

He doesn't need affirmation or defense, Mr. Worthy Flats Caddie:tsk_tsk: - he screwed up and I caught it - so there:devil:

p.s. - what's your preference in CAC headgear - black or gold tassel???

Lefty
03-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Not for nuthin but, I hope the fishing starts soon. You guys need to get a wife.....I mean a life.

Lefty

DFix
03-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Not for nuthin but, I hope the fishing starts soon. You guys need to get a wife.....I mean a life.

Lefty

Ancient Egyptian curse: He who floats in tin boat develops leaks around his rivets:whoa:

Penguin
03-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Right Honourable Mayor...In the best interest of fellow CAC members and casual observers, and considering my "Yemen- coutie-infestation" has not yet been completely resolved, it would be splendid if I could send payment for my very own "personal XL" thus not putting fellow piscophiles in undue danger...Thank you, O Grande PooBah!

striblue
03-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Oh God..... what have I started????

jared
03-26-2002, 02:23 PM
I don't know what/where "CAC" is.... but half the posts in this thread don't make any sense, and the other half are in a dialect I don't understand.

I'm thinkin' too much "american style chop suey" at the Wilmington show maybe?!?!?!

Either way, it is CLEARLY time to trade keyboards for rods...

--j

striblue
03-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Jared... CAC is Chatham Anglers Club... informal group from this board who would camp in when it's ok at my place off Ridgevale beach in South Chatham... Fez's are the official headwear...does that clear it up?

jared
03-26-2002, 08:10 PM
John --

thanks....that makes more sense.....although I'm not
sure I'm sold on the choice of skull warmers, but whatever
works for you guys I guess...:rolleyes:

happy "fezing" to all....

Roop
03-27-2002, 08:26 AM
Jared, Jared, Jared....

Let me paint a picture for you. After an extremly rewarding day in, on & around the waters of Chatham, several "gentlemen" gathering for a cup of coffee, a little of scotch & a few fine cigars before either heading home or back out onto the water.

The camraderie, good nature and sharing of information is priceless. As one of the "younger guests", I remember pretending to have dozed off during a discussion between several fly rodders whose abilities I greatly respect. Only then did they let their guard down & disclose some of the merits of their lies, flies, lines & techniques. ;)

I would be more than happy to sponsor an introduction for you.

Roop

jared
03-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Roop --

your invitation is most kind....now all i have to
do is figure out when/how to fish Chatham for the 2nd
time ever.....

--j

Roop
03-27-2002, 03:02 PM
Might I suggest by boat?

Know anyone with a nice rig??

jared
03-27-2002, 04:09 PM
;)

never tried 2 people in a pungo.....

:hehe:

--j

gordonh
03-27-2002, 06:18 PM
I think this is how it goes....
Wear your fez and march around the parking lot in front of the Coast Guard station in Chatham. I don't think it matters which side the tassle is on but chanting something unintelligible helps.
When the police arrive and ask you what the hell you are doing, take out a $20 bill and hand it to them. Say "Can't you see my Chatham Angler's Club fez? Take me to HEADQUARTERS, and make it snappy!" You may have to be really assertive or they won't give you a ride.
That shoud do it.

striblue
03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
That's no big deal... we've done that before. Only a couple of the Cops will have there own fez's anyway.