Jungle Cock Order Status [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Jungle Cock Order Status

juro
03-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Here is the order status as of today:

If you are still interested, now is the time to speak up. Otherwise, once Sean get's his order it will go to Ron Taylor.

Date Name Subject Note
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3/13/02 Edward Howells JC cape super mixed sizes
3/13/02 Adrian Sharp JC cape super large eyes
3/13/02 Patrick Wood JC HALF cape super
3/14/02 James Whalen JC cape grade B Large eyes
3/15/02 Brian Casey JC cape grade B
paid Pete Laviolette JC cape Grade A small/med
pending Sean Sullivan JC HALF cape super

ssully
03-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Juro,

The checks in the mail. Really I mailed it this noontime! I made it out to you.

I've been waiting a very long time to purchase JC. Twenty years in fact. I have a display case that's been waiting that long for real AS classic flies. I'm confident I can now do it justice.

BTW, there's a new sandeel pattern in the works. And NO it's not a sluggo! But will fish like one. Maybe better! Details to follow...hehehe. Igor pass me the DNA...

juro
03-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Thanks for mailing that, I'll send the order ahead as soon as I get your order unless anyone else is interested.

Looking forward to seeing this fly!

ssully
04-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Juro,

Any updates on the status?

striblue
04-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Juro... I must have missed something... Please put me in for the standard order.... what is the cost and I will mail the check to you or whom you suggest as soon as I hear from you. thanks... I hope this gets to you in time.

juro
04-08-2002, 01:00 AM
Final Order... Rush Order will go out tomorrow

Date Name Subject Note
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3/13/02 Edward Howells JC cape super mixed sizes
3/13/02 Adrian Sharp JC cape super large eyes
3/13/02 Patrick Wood JC HALF cape super
3/14/02 James Whalen JC cape grade B Large eyes
3/15/02 Brian Casey JC cape grade B
paid Pete Laviolette JC cape Grade A small/med
paid Sean Sullivan JC HALF cape super
pending John Morin* JC cape Grade A large/med

*John -

Send check for $75.00 addressed to:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 10450

Include your return mailing address. I will go ahead with the order with RUSH shipping option. Tomorrow, I will call you in the AM to confirm before mailing the order.

Juro

bcasey
04-08-2002, 07:31 AM
Juro,
I'm still in ? But by now I have forgotten if I paid and if not, How much ? Let me know, thanks

juro
04-08-2002, 07:59 AM
Yes, you're all set. Also exchanged email with Mr.Taylor. The Forum will cover the international trade permit and rush shipment which represents a savings of $23 per person.

Will post status of order as it becomes avail.

Hawkeye
04-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Juro,

I just now decided I have to experiment with flatwings this season. :rolleyes: Am I too late for this order? I was looking at a full C grade cape but the paypal form doesn't accept it. When I click on full C it brings up 1/5 B.

juro
04-08-2002, 10:29 AM
Hawkeye -

I just spoke with Ron this AM (they are 6 hours ahead). It will be no problem to rush the order, we still need to wait for the C.I.T.E.S clearance to do controlled feather business overseas anyway.

Get me your preference ASAP and I will include it.

Congrats on the kick-butt job at MSBA!

Juro

striblue
04-08-2002, 11:06 AM
Juro...I will be in Boston tomorrow and I have to stay in Charletown today.. so I will mail it first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks

juro
04-09-2002, 01:16 AM
Jungle Cock Order Went Out Today as Posted

Expect that the international trade permit (CITES) will take up to 7 days; RUSH shipping fees were paid as well to expedite the shipment once the permit passes.

In addition to the $30-$50 savings per cape over typical prices there is an additional $23 per person for permits and shipping saved off what you could have gotten for a price buying individually.
This represents nearly $200 savings just in hanlding/permit fees alone, if you include price differential the upside is huge (do the math).

If you haven't paid yet send checks to the PO box ASAP.

juro
04-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Confirmed that Ron has received the order, he is waiting for CITES and will ship once it clears. We can expect to receive them in approx 2 weeks.

striblue
04-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Juro... I sent the check from Boston to you yesterday

juro
04-24-2002, 10:51 PM
Order arrived today!

They are marked by Ron Taylor by size and correspond to order/person as follows:

Ed Howells JC cape super mixed sizes
Adrian Sharp JC cape super large eyes
Pete Gray JC cape super
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Laviolette JC cape Grade A small/med
John Morin JC cape Grade A large/med (check)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Whalen JC cape grade B Large
Brian Casey JC cape grade B
Patrick Wood JC HALF cape super
Sean Sullivan JC HALF cape super

Good thing he marked them 'cause I certainly can't tell them apart very easily with my untrained eye.

This order resulted in a significant savings due to consolidated CITES international trade permit (1 only), single parcel shipping and handling, and low price.

Is it a pain in the butt to take the order and mail them to each person? Of course :p But I know others will take the initiative to do stuff like this for the good of the group down the road.

I will now go to my paypal spreadsheet and print out the mailing addresses for shipment either tomorrow or Friday.

juro
04-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Could those of you who sent checks please email me your mailing address again?

Put JC SHIPPING in the subject or something I can spot easy, I get a lot of email.

Thanks!

The PayPal orders are all set for shipping addresses.

ssully
04-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Juro,

I sent you a PM as I didn't see your email addy. I can a pick mine up to save you the postage if that works for you. Otherwise the PM has my addy. Again many thanks for placing the order.
sully

Penguin
04-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Juro...Thanks for the foot work...if you think of it, bring mine to the FarSide (of the Canal) and gimme' a shout...I'll meet you in some deserted parking lot for a clandestine transfer of the goodzzz.
Dinner is on me...or drop by Area 61 and I'll intoduce you to a Mr. Auslese...
LETS GO FISHING!

juro
04-28-2002, 02:17 AM
JC Shipment is on the way!

I hope everyone enjoys their JC order. They all looked great to me, but if you have any questions or concerns contact Ron Taylor directly at http://fishermensfeathers.com

fishinfool
04-29-2002, 08:09 PM
I missed out on the first opportunity. Any one else want to order some of the jc and try to save a couple bucks?

Adrian
04-30-2002, 05:23 AM
Juro, my SQ/Big Eye cape was there when I got home last night:)

Fantastic!

Thanks!