I'm a new guy. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I'm a new guy.

Jason Bilyeu
03-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Just thought I'd intoduce myself. I recognize a few people here. Hey Sparky!!! :)

NrthFrk16
03-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Welcome...I am guessing you reconize me from Bob's Board. What do you post as over there??

Jason Bilyeu
03-16-2002, 10:13 PM
Reel Time on Bob's
Catch 22 on Jen's

juro
03-17-2002, 05:26 AM
Welcome Jason -

How's the Clackamas fishing these days? In my years while living in Seattle I visited Beaverton on business frequently and Portland proper where my brother lived as well as multiple annual trips to the Oregon Coast, wine country, Newport, etc. Nice area indeed.

I now reside in striper country and spend far too much time wade fishing Cape Cod.

Jason Bilyeu
03-17-2002, 10:18 PM
The Clack has been great to us this year! Trout has been catch and release for a few years now, so there's a few lunkers hanging around. Steelhead have been plentiful and I can't wait until the summer run!!

lastcaststeve
03-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Dear Jason,

Welcome! This is a grand site for spey nuts...I think we may have a mutual friend in Kory H. He recently told me a great fish story about a very large native lost at the bank....congrats for hooking it anyway..The clack has been underated for sometime...I was fortunate to land a 14-15 pound native hen up from feldheimers, a few weeks ago...she was beautiful, although never made it much past backing...she was one strong fish! I've fished it 3 times since without a touch...but like you can't wait until the summers get here!

Nice to have you with us!

Steve

Jason Bilyeu
03-17-2002, 11:19 PM
LastCast Steve, You were in my back yard!! I live on Springwater Rd. upriver from McIver park a couple miles. Next time you plan on coming this way, give me a shout. Heck, that goes for all you folks. I'm always interested in fishing with new people that I can swap some fishing lies... err ... I mean stories with!! :) I'm not sure who Kory H. is.