CCA Cape Cod - Tuna Time [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CCA Cape Cod - Tuna Time

Roop
03-16-2002, 06:44 AM
* At the request of Brian Casey who is en route to the tropics:

The next meeting of the Cape Cod Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association will be held at the Courtyard Restaurant & Pub in Cataumet on April 9th at 6:30pm.
The featured speaker for the evening is Capt. Al Anderson. Al is the author of "To Catch a Tuna" and also operates the Prowler, a well known charter boat, out of Snug Harbor, Rhode Island. Al has tagged and released more Tuna over the last couple of seasons than most of us will ever dream of. He will discuss the methods and tackle required to hookup to these speedsters while trolling, chunking and even a little about flyrodding, as well as the locations and timing of their arrival.
I have gotten about 20 calls already, looks like were gonna get the largest attendance this chapter has seen so far, so get your reservations in early, you don't want to miss this one !
To book your spot at the meeting, please call me at 617-543-8354.
The cost of attend is $20.00 to cover dinner and the speaker and, as usual, we will be holding our famous bucket raffles. Also, don't forget to bring a friend, you don't have to be a member to join in on the fun.

See you there !
Brian Casey
President, CCA-Cape Cod

For directions to The Courtyard Restaurant;
From the Bourne Bridge follow Rt.28 south towards Falmouth, for 4 miles, at the Otis rotary take the first exit towards Cataumet, take first left onto Rt. 28A and go 2 miles to the restaurant on your right

3/19/02

bcasey
03-26-2002, 04:33 PM
Thanks Roop, you make a heck of a secretary:D Now, if this sunburn would only go away !

bcasey
03-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey, it worked, I haven't been able to post on this site for about a month, I dont know why, but man, it feels good to be home again. ( I suspect a very limited knowledge of computer systems and a brain the size of the OZ scarecrow might have something to do with it, especially since I don't know why, now all of a sudden, it works ( the posting I mean, not the brain)!:whoa: :whoa: :smokin:

FredA
03-26-2002, 06:07 PM
So when are we going to hear about the trip?

I'll be there on the 9th.

bcasey
04-01-2002, 11:26 AM
WOW! were up to 35 reservations so far, get your spot ASAP.

bcasey
04-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Something is still screwy, I can get in small posts every once and a while and then, Bang I'm out again???
I did get your res. Fred. Im not ignoring anyone.

GregD
04-09-2002, 05:03 PM
I was wondering what time the presentation is and if there was any room left tonight? Too far a drive for me to make it for dinner. Might be able to make the presentation if it's not at 6:30 or 7pm.

Thanks,
Greg.