: Why Fishing is better than sex:

FrenchCreek
03-15-2002, 05:59 PM
1. You don't have to hide your Fishing magazines.
2. It's perfectly acceptable to pay a professional to Fish with you once in a while.
3. The Ten Commandments don't say anything about Fishing.
4. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing in your Whaler, you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.
5. Your Fishing partner doesn't get upset about people you fished with long ago.
6. It's perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.
7. When you see a really good Fisher person, you don't have feel guilty about imagining the two of you Fishing in a Whaler together.
8. If your regular Fishing partner isn't available, he/she won't object if you Fish with someone else.
9. Nobody will ever tell you that you will go blind if you Fish by
yourself.
10. When dealing with a Fishing pro, you never have to wonder if they are really an undercover cop.
11. You can have a Fishing calendar on your wall at the office, tell
Fishing jokes, and invite coworkers to Fish with you without getting sued for harassment.
12. There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases.
13. If you want to watch Fishing on television, you don't have to
subscribe to the Playboy channel.
14. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the rest of your life.
15. Nobody expects you to give up Fishing if your partner loses interest in it.
16. Your Fishing partner will never say, "Not again? We just Fished last week! Is Fishing all you ever think about?"

Penguin
03-15-2002, 06:25 PM
...When you break up you don't lose half your stuff...

Where as, if you're even thinking about getting married, it's been suggested to find some woman you can't stand, buy her a house, and send her a check ever month. That way you're not subjected to all the stress and costs associated with lawyers and divorce court...

John Desjardins
03-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by FrenchCreek
1. You don't have to hide your Fishing magazines.

Better hide the invoices for them though. :devil:

fredaevans
03-16-2002, 12:11 PM
If your cell phone goes off you can consider answering it .... or not.

If you wife finds a 'strange' telephone number or two in the bill, she won't ask the next series of obvious questions.

If you fish, you don't have to seek out of the house at 4am; and worry about the questions that will/would follow.

If your wife loves to travel to Europe, you can prove your 'hobby' is far less expensive than hers. (TRUST ME on this one!) And any one ever heard of a 'hijacking' of a drift boat?

:eyecrazy:

juro
03-16-2002, 01:37 PM
That's hilarious Pete!

Joke:

A man and woman are having an affair while the woman's husband is away on business. The phone rings and it's her husband. After a short casual chat, she hangs up. The other married man asks "were you nervous talking to him with me sitting right here?".

She answers "not at all, he called to say he won't be home because he's going fishing with you for the whole weekend".

Jere Eshelman
03-16-2002, 06:16 PM
You don't have to hesitate when your fishing partner says

"Let's do it again, right now!"

pmflyfisher
03-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Where is Tallinn ?

If there is fly fishing for trout or salmon (or any type of fish) here you can have both sex and fly fishing.

Ran into this just innocently surfing today, I promise. Was just looking for a new thinsulate fishing cap.

Looks very interesting though. Now this would be an interesting fly fishing vacation

http://www.outdoorsite.com/trade-a-trip/index.cfm

juro
03-16-2002, 08:14 PM
Funny what passes for steelhead flyfishing nowadays...

Here is the first (and last) steelhead flyfishing thread I read on their forums...

http://forums.outdoorsite.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000013

pmflyfisher
03-17-2002, 08:04 AM
Very creative "Gummie Bears" to imitate spawn, I suppose Juicy Fruits and Dots may work also as a spawn substiture !!

Don't let the bait fishermen see that. In Michigan the regs say you cannot have any type of live bait in your possession when fishing the flyfishing only areas and go into detail as to what that definition is. Do not beleive the DNR could fine you for a box of any of the above in your vest though.

You know I think they might work, and I know the fish will have a hard time getting them out of their teeth, like we do !!:devil: :devil:

Sprocket
03-18-2002, 09:43 AM
PM - looks like Tallin is in Italy...

So if I FF for bass, I can use gummi-WORMS and it'll be o.k.? I'll bet if I tried it I would only get 'Swedish Fish' (what I'd really like to catch is the "Swedish Equestrian Bikini Team"!)

juro
03-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Sprocket -

The last part of your post conjures such images I just had to search up a Swedish Equestrian website...

HERE IT IS: CLICK HERE (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/humor/equestrian.htm)

pmflyfisher
03-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Got me

Is that an equestrian sport ? Will ask the lady attorney in the next office she is a big equestrian, you know polo matches etc...

Lefty
03-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by juro
Funny what passes for steelhead flyfishing nowadays...

Here is the first (and last) steelhead flyfishing thread I read on their forums...

http://forums.outdoorsite.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000013

Funny world we create. If you tie a piece of yarn on a small hook and whip it out there with a fly line and fool a steelie, you are the height of art, a gift to the tradition, a bretheren amongst the great anglers of times past etc.
But, if you put on a gummy bear, cast it out with a spinning rod, fool a steelie, then you're a beer bellied weasil who should be sent packin. Weird. ;)

Lefty

juro
03-18-2002, 01:00 PM
You lost me on that one... from what post, comment or evidence did you make that assumption about mankind? :confused:

Lefty
03-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Juro: you didn't make that assertiion.
It's implied with a little poetic license and some FF eliotism sprinkled in.(again not you, me).
One thing I'm wondering is what you don't like about that thread on the Steelie board.

Lefty

DFix
03-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Talinn is in (Capital City) Estonia.

Sprocket
03-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Juro - that's me on the left!

The origin of this unique group of 18-22 year old women has it's beginnings on the trail from the parking lot to a mountain pond somewhere in N.H.

On theFirst Annual Ice Out Camping & Fishing Extraviganza to [Blankety Blank], we discovered that the road to the trail was closed. We came to fish and fish we shall so we quickly stripped off the "unnessiccary" items - the folding camp chairs and one set of waders and shoes (the float tube and accessories are essencial!). During the 7 mile slog up the hill (while carring 52lb packs), a comment was made regarding a more expedient mode of travel.

After a lengthy discussion, the originally stated skimobilers (yes, there was that much snow packed on the road) somehow morphed into the SEBT - they were nudists at first but even a guy can be naked so we decided that they should have bikinis to encourage a female-only membership.

Since then, the SEBT is mentioned at least once during both the hike up & down (and sometimes at camp depending on the moon phases & length of trip) These women have a way of lightening packs & spirits.

So when you're in the middle of a long trek, mention them to your partner or aloud to yourself and see if your next 5 minutes goes quicker than expected (results may vary).