M.v. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: M.v.

saltydog
03-14-2002, 12:36 PM
might seem kind of earley BUT Im all set for the vinyard this season is anyone else going over for the flyfishing derby we could meet at the school an chat!!! over breakfast befor heading home."GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

Bob Pink
03-14-2002, 05:16 PM
funny thing there dog, you're the second person in the past week to bring that topic up. Yup, I'm looking forward to getting back over there again too.
Now, curious minds want to know... What r u tying for that trip?

see ya!

juro
03-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Count me in the very high possibilities category. What is the protocol for the derby? (haven't done it, lived on the west coast for much of my adult life, etc).

Is this the one-fly?

Lefty
03-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by juro
... lived on the west coast for much of my adult life, etc).

I see...that explains a lot. "It's like, dude put down your Latte you hooked another Steelie"

:D

juro
03-19-2002, 10:29 AM
The steelie can wait, this is Kona! ;) ;)

saltydog
03-30-2002, 07:23 AM
BOB, I have the fly sitting here by the computer, so Iwont forget to tie some up. I fish w/ :tsk_tsk: I wont tell! as you know every year is different. one year if it didn't float an be 1" you wouldent get a hookup,then again if the ponds don't open up you might not get a hook-up.:( I believe you have see the floating sand eel
at the shop:confused: caught a 40" on that little guy one friday night
JURO. you can signe up for the one fly if you wish, BUT we like to fish in groups an have a:smokin: time together, if you fish the ONE FLY an LOOSE it that it NO MORE FISHIN FOR YOU. your choice. I don't care about the derby, I go to FISH, MEET OLD friends an fish W/ NEW ONES, like this year Im teaming up w/ a
FIRST TIME FLYFISHERMEN,an NEW to the ISLAND, :chuckle: this
should be INTERESTING teaching, an fishin at the same time.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":D

striblue
03-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Bob, I will call you today... as we spoke I would be interested but I am not sure about the time commitement... so I will want to discus it a bit more with you..I am very interested since I passed on the derby last year and it sure sounds like fun.