New - Portable Palm Fish Finder [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New - Portable Palm Fish Finder

pmflyfisher
03-10-2002, 07:56 AM
Hmmm, perhaps I should by a load of these commission sales men at major steelhead rivers during the run, and rent them for the day. This way all of the fisherman can converge on the fish, and enjoy the highest form of combat fishing. Maybe not bad though then I could have the rest of the river with no concentrations of fish and be in solitude.

Anybody seen one of these in action ? vendor says its new and can be used from river banks. The technology just keeps coming and coming. :devel:

http://www.aurizon.ws/

striblue
03-10-2002, 08:08 PM
PM... Techbology is moving so fast.. I was going to post a joke thread last summer featuring a beach fish finder developed by an MIT student . Now they are here.

Eddie
03-10-2002, 08:24 PM
A few years back I saw a guy wading with a "Fishing Buddy" on the Russian River. He would wade into the pool, pull the portable fishfinder out of his waders, and scan for steelies with the side scan feature. I asked him if it worked, and he looked at me like I was an idiot and said," I wouldn't do it if it didn't work". This sure fire technique has not caught on.

pmflyfisher
03-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Yes the technology is moving to fast. You should see the messes we have at work now because of this but I do not want this to ruin our fisheries.

I wonder how many decades it will take fisheries managment and state regulators etc. to figure out how to control this new risk ?

Heck they have not figured out how to control the bait, spin, and fly fishing methods impacts upon the fish.

I will not be using these, if I meet some one does, I suggest they watch my back casts very closely. That weighted tube fly is a weapon to be reckoned with. :devil: :devil: