Winter Storm Warning... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Winter Storm Warning...

NrthFrk16
03-08-2002, 01:11 AM
...announced for Seattle. Is it me or does this crazy weather and lack of wild steelies in our favorite runs, make this March seem less like March and more like January??

Oh well...I guess I'll hang around the house and tie some bugs tomorrow. :)

juro
03-08-2002, 06:30 AM
There is a groundswell of big shouldered nates finning off the coast, but conditions are favorable and there are pounds to pack on before the triathalon run up to the headwaters. Although the urge grows stronger, they wait, and feed, as father time urges them on. Soon, their arrival will coincide with another arrival, one of a human of average skill yet extraordinary desire from a year of exile from Gods country and her steelhead. And then the world be be right again :devil: :smokin:

pmflyfisher
03-08-2002, 08:52 AM
I bet we could put you into more wild big steelhead here in great lakes country IMHO

Scenery would be better in PNW, but I personally doubt if the quality of the steelhead fly fishing would be.

watersprite
03-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Yeah that scenery! I look west a couple miles and there are several mountains, one looking somewhat like the Matterhorn and probably in the 5 - 6,000 ft range. I look eastward across my pasture to the river with another mountain on the far bank rising so quickly that I am unable to see it's peak. This one holds part of the Boston Glacier system and rests within the North Cascade National Park. A snag alongside the river, about 350 ft distance from my farmhouse, holds a single immature eagle, perched in the open despite the falling snow. The others are probably nestled amongst the cedars.

The fish are few so far, unlike the Great Lakes system, but the view sure can't be beat!:smokin:

juro
03-08-2002, 12:40 PM
I never compare one against the other, what's the point? They are all good... try them one by one and savor the good in all!

pmflyfisher
03-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Yes the PNW steelhead scenery is better plus if the fishing was bad I could always head to the mountains for downhill or cross country skiing other passions of mine.