Fly Fishing Forum banner

Redington - Wayfarer???

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  FishingDL 
#1 ·
Looking for a compact 5 or 7 piece rod that fits my alpine lake hiking trips that I have planned. On the surface the Redington's seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any expereince with these rods?

Durability? Smooth feel? Customer Service?

Thanks for the help! YC

#3 · (Edited)
I thought the 2 pc redington I tried seemed alittle too noodley to me. I ended up with a 4pc St Croix imperial that I like alot. A 5-7 piece rod seems like it wouldn't bend a nicely do to the additional joints although might fit in a pack easier. I strap mine outside the pack on one side and it works for me.

Perhaps you can find a dealer that has both types and try them out side by side and see which you prefer as it is a personal choice. Not sure if they are priced around the same money or not.

Regards,
Greg.

#4 ·
The Wayfarer does not come in a 2 piece they are 5 or 7 piece travel rods.The rods are excellent performance rods,in fact they beat out all of the top rods in a head to head casting competition at a world flyfishing show.All models compared were the travel rods.Customer service is excellent with all Redington products.

#5 ·
YC - I'll echo GregD. I've had a St.C Imperial 4-pc 5/6 for about 8-10 years now. I pack it all over the place.

The only thing I've had go wrong was the tip top - it couldn't take being in the back of my cousin's pick-up as we reversed into the brush - D'oh!
My fault so I bought a new tip section - they were fast and kind.

good luck
TMS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.