BowTyer Update aka Bad News!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BowTyer Update aka Bad News!!

NrthFrk16
03-01-2002, 11:24 PM
Got the word a couple days that Angler's Sport Group, the importer/packager of the BowTyer product line will no longer be carrying it.

The price was raised on them by their supplier from Finland and since the vast majority of their sales were to wholesalers, the stuff would be way too expensive. It seems that our shop was one of the few that actually bought this stuff directly from them.

They are in the process of looking for a full-time materials distributor to carry the line i.e. Hareline, Wapsi, Fishhunter, Umpqua/Metz etc. etc. which would inturn elinate the middle man and keep the price down.

I talked with George Cook (Umpqua/Metz rep) and seriously asked him to approach Umpqua/Metz about picking up this line. If Angler's Sport Group can not find a distributor for this product, it will be a thing of the past. :(

Today, I obtained Angler's Sport Group BowTyer inventory and grabbed lots and lots of the good colors in the good sizes. I then turned to Fishhunter, who I get most of my tying materials from them and grabbed from them what I couldnt from Angler's Sport Group.

pmflyfisher
03-02-2002, 07:22 AM
I was at my local fly shop here in Chicago suburbs this week and they had some of the Bowtyer material, I better get back there and buy some of it now !!:whoa: :whoa:

Hate going to fly shops, there is always so much good new stuff tempting you to try it. Have so much stuff already, stuff bought 20 years ago I have not exhausted yet.