BoSox Baseball [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BoSox Baseball

NrthFrk16
03-01-2002, 01:27 AM
Will the sale of the team and inturn the firing of Duquette finally end the Curse of the Bambino (sp?)!?!?!?

I THINK NOT!!!!

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Ichiro went yard today, M's baseball is one month away and life is good!!!

:D ;)

Slinger
03-01-2002, 02:27 AM
The Red Sox are thier oun worst enemy, it will take a lot more than firing the GM to turn that team around. The big aquisition during the off season, 43 yr. old Ricky Henderson?????
Looks like the boys from Brooklynwill start a new dynasty with the return of Wells and the aquisition of Giambi. Go Yanks!!
Slinger

NrthFrk16
03-01-2002, 02:57 AM
Could it be Mariners vs. Yankees, Round III?!?!

I sense a poll coming on...must I include the Red Sox?!?! :confused: :hehe:

Domenic
03-01-2002, 04:21 AM
I think that the signing of Henderson[rookie in 1981 or so] could push them over the top. Now only if we could resign Fergie Jenkins ,and Tiant.How about bringing back Walt Dropo (A.L. R.O.Y. 1950)?
Why can"t we get players like Curt
Schilling ?

Nick
03-01-2002, 05:56 AM
Lets Go YANK-ees! Lets Go YANK-ees!

juro
03-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Mariners will have a less impressive season but will take the big prize in the end this year, poetic justice for last year.:smokin:

pmflyfisher
03-01-2002, 06:08 AM
Go Yankees, but I love old Fenway.

Leave it as is, it is a national shrine like our Wrigley Field
true baseball fans should go to both before they leave this
earth for the "Field of Dreams"

Later

Tod D
03-01-2002, 12:51 PM
Lifelong Sox fan; actually felt a twinge of guilt when Duquette started to break down (got over it quickly).

Yankees are head-and-shoulders above the Sox (even when taking into account their decades-long $ advantage). As a GM, Cashman is everything Duquette was not.

Mariners had their year in the sun last year. Karma's gone. (Kidding, I'm kidding... though they did fold up like a cheap tent vs the Yanks. Kidding, I kid... Have a feeling this may come back to haunt me...)

OC
03-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Red Soxs and Seattle will have a tough time this year. As always soxs come up with lots of injuries and I'm afraid Seattle is due for a year of injuries. But it would be great to see both teams make to the AL championship. I can then cheer for both teams.

On a side note as a really old ex high school hockey player from Weymouth who is going to win the super 8 hockey tourney? Is it time for a public school to win or will the privates that recruit take it again. Wish I could get back to see some games, it's the best hockey to watch anywhere and that includes the olympics. Go Hingham!
OC