Striper Dreams [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Striper Dreams

Roop
02-28-2002, 08:17 AM
Last night, I awoke after a troubling dream.

I was on a dock in a shallow bay and could see 3 fish moving across the bay bottom, 3 - 4 feet down, moving towards me. As they got closer I realized they were stripers. Then the dock collapsed, I of course went for a swim & then woke up.

And no, I didn't pee the bed!!:D

My first fish dream of the season - they must be on the move!

steelheadmike
02-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Well Roop, I was having some pretty fishy dreams lately so I fired up my new 50hp and went out searching. My dream lead me to a place that I only had hooked maybe 3 fish in 10years. Would you know 6 fish were brought to the boat last week! ( Plus rumors of them being around helped my decision to go there as well ). Moral of the story.... Follow your dreams.

Fish are certainly around in the NY area. If you live in the Tri-State area head out next time the weather is good. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lefty
02-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Roop,
I had one last week. I was alone in a No. Shore cove. The fish were rolling on the surface just like where I left off in the first week of Nov.
Funny how your dream had flats-esque action. To each his own-dream. Seemed so real too.

Lefty

Bob Pink
02-28-2002, 03:26 PM
roop,
Is this the way you explain your moaning in your sleep to the bride in the morning?