Big Brown Spiders [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Big Brown Spiders

TackleMaking
02-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

OOOps. Sorry about that Roop. :)

Anyway...if anyone has any tips about tying spiders...I'd love to hear them! I'm a big fan of custom made tackle and any tips or photos would be great.

Thanks!

- Erik

Roop
02-22-2002, 05:33 PM
I'm sure you guys have a great product.

Why don't you purchase a banner ad to help defray the cost of running this not-for-profit web site instead of posting for free ads on the forums?

Roop

TackleMaking
02-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Hello Roop,

My apologies. I'm new to the board and I didn't know the process. I will try to delete the message.

I would also love to help support the board. Do you know who I can contact?

Thanks!

- Erik

capt_gordon
02-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Never fished with them or ehard of anybody who ever did. Your description on your website says to tip them with bait. No bait used around here.

TackleMaking
02-23-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi Capt'n Gordon,

Thanks for the help. They're actually a very productive "fly" and fun to tie once you start experimenting with patterns! I've had luck with them around hanging branches and against the shore where spiders could "naturally" end up taking a dip. :)

(Tipping with bait is optional and allows them to be used on VERY light spinning tackle. I know - you're probably thinking that it's cheating - but it makes for an exciting variation from the typical in-line spinners). :)

- Erik :D