Mother Nature's Sculpture Work [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mother Nature's Sculpture Work

FredA
02-14-2002, 05:01 PM
My ill-informed sense is that with the relatively quite winter normal tidal currents have had a chance, generally, to carve and create new structure. Conversely, a lot of northeast type storms would flatten things out. Early last year a bayside beach I frequent was obviously affected by winter storm, wiping out a slough along the high water edge. Any thoughts on this and has anybody a chance to take a look?

Last time I visited the bayside beach was in December and a long walk to the east at mid incoming revealed some cool guzzles and holes. Trouble is I was walking along the high water edge, which I've only done at the top of the tide, so I'm not calibrated. It was fascinating to see an area you think your familiar with from a different perspective.

striblue
02-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Fred.. It will be interesting to see the changes and I wonder what the Chatham Inlet will look like... new productive discoveries are coming our way all over... By the way will you be available to be a fishing Caddy this summer?;)

Slinger
02-15-2002, 12:24 AM
One truism I`ve always heard was that a south/west builds the beach and that a north/east takes away. With the lack of big storms so far this year there might be a lot more beach.
Slinger