Nice shop Ryan [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nice shop Ryan

sean
02-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Finally got up north during my lunch break to Teds up in Lynwood. Good to meet you Ryan and I was impressed by the selection and service. That was the first time in a while I can remeber going to a shop and getting all the materials I needed. Will admit I shyed away from there for awhile as most shops I have been to that cater to gear and fly fisherman have always been a little light on the fly tying materials. Not the case there and I will most definitely be back.

By the way I just tied up a few flies using the Bowtyer head and body strips. I am so excited I never have to spin a muddler head ever again. The thinly cut reindeer strips plamered on the hook and trimmed look better than anything I have ever been able to spin. Hope they keep stocking that stuff...

-sean

NrthFrk16
02-12-2002, 10:11 PM
Sean, it was a pleasure to meet you as well. :) :)

And thank you very much for the kind remarks in regards to the shop. We do our best...

And when it comes to tying materials, I consider it a failure when a customer comes in and asks for a certain material and we do not have it.

That BowTyer reindeer hair stuff is great...you know, I hate spinning deer hair and it has been years since my last attempt. I saw that stuff in the catalog and could not resist!! Although, a co-worker did roll his eyes at me when I showed him the stuff as it almost looks like a gimmick! Glad to hear it worked well!!!! :)

fredaevans
02-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Ryan, I can actually remember when "Ted's" was a pile of moldy rubber boots, some lead and stuff that you really had to 'paw through' to find something you'd want to purchase. Yes, I am that "old." :razz:

Sounds like "you've come a long way Baby."
fe

Doublespey
02-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread - Who HATES to spin deer hair?? Actually, what I hate most is cleaning up afterwards:rolleyes:

Anyway, I gotta agree with Sean - they've become my main stop for fly gear as they often have materials that the flyshops don't stock (like BowTyer).

Guess I'll have to try those reindeer strips too! :D

hasta,

DS