Mini-Drifter/Prams for running rivers? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mini-Drifter/Prams for running rivers?

Keith Kaneko
02-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Hello Fellow Steelheaders!

I am in the market for a mini-drifter/pram (2 person) for running rivers and would like your recommendations. I am looking for one that will handle up to class 2 water and my price range is up to $1500. I fish waters such as the Upper Rogue, Trinity, Yuba, etc. I have visited websites and seen models by RogueMarine and Koffler, but would like to get your opinion before I lay down the cash for one of these. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

-Keith

Rick J
02-11-2002, 02:24 PM
There is a guy in Cresent City that makes a Little Drifter - either 8' one person or 10' two person. They are relatively inexpensive and very stable though not sure I would rate as class 3. I have taken mine on the Smith, Klamath, Chetco and Rogue an alot of Montana/Idaho rivers

roballen
02-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Don Hill also makes a minidrifter all the specs are on his website, he makes wood, glass and also sells kits to build you own wood mini. I don't know his web address but it is easily found b y searching "don hill riverboats" on any search engine

fish-head
02-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Keith , I have owned just about every Pram listed on these reply's . I have 2 now , an 8' ,10' also they both have there place's . The only thing I can say is stay away from the marconi's in Cresent City Cal . They have way too much rocker on them . I have taken both of mine through Class 3 water many times with no problem's at all . If you are serious about wanting 1 that is made here in S. Or. ,E-mail me . Fish-head:)