Deals At Rod Builders Workshop!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Deals At Rod Builders Workshop!!

Roop
02-08-2002, 08:33 AM
Had the pleasure of a quick visit with Smitty last night..

Extremely advantageous deals on Redington rods reels & HE HAS SPOOLS!!

Smitty is now carrying Lamson reeels as well!!

juro
02-08-2002, 10:02 AM
FYI -

Smitty is a generous sponsor and has been the provider of much insight in rod building, angling, and has offered new perspectives to many of us. ;)

His website is:

http://rodbuildersworkshop.com
Rod Builder's Workshop and Fly Emporium

Chris
02-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Juro,
What was the name of that reel we were eyeing at the show, was it lamson (sp)? I'd get one from Rod Builders if they carry them.

JimW
02-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Smitty does carry the lampsons and those redingtons are going quick. I was amazed at how the pile shrunk in just a couple weeks.

juro
02-24-2002, 09:48 AM
The reel was the Lamson / Waterworks Velocity, a combination of sorts between the looks of the old machined LP and the new W/W technology with a large arbor advantage and a drag that is next to none - at a fair price.

I am not a big fan of excessive venting when shore fishing in the sandy salty surf - but with Waterworks' drag technology they could vent it to within a micron of it's structural life and not worry about it one bit - the drag is a sealed delrin cone and cylinder and is as smooth as any you'll feel. So it's a light, tough large arbor reel. Totally maintenance free as well, compared to cork for instance which delivers performance but at the cost of maintenance. I love the reel and will be picking one up soon.

I love the new Ross Canyons too, and the Sage reels - got to have one, and... :tsk_tsk:

MarkDoogue
02-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Did he have any Wayfarer 5-pc 9wt rods on sale?

~Mark Doogue