BowTyer Update [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BowTyer Update

NrthFrk16
02-08-2002, 12:08 AM
I figured that I would dedicate a whole thread to this as many have been intrested in this stuff plus it is hard to find and very expensive.

Well, I've got some bad news. :( The order that I placed last week was pretty much all canceled. Anglers Sport Group, who has been the most inexpensive distributor of BowTyer and whom all smaller distributors get there supply from, was out of stock on nearly all the colors and styles I ordered.

We got the scoop from them yesterday on what was up and they are waiting on their next shipment. We put our names down on the backorder list so that we will have first crack at the next shipment.

Anyways...here is the bad news. Is seems that they are planning on discintinuing the BowTyer as it seems it just is not selling well for them. The decision will be made with the next week or so and if they do plan on dropping the BowTyer line, this stuff may be even more difficult to get ahold of and alot more expensive as it is actually imported and packaged by Anglers Sport Group.

Doublespey
02-08-2002, 01:11 PM
I assume you mentioned how great the material was and how you were sure it was going to become Veery Popular for steelhead flies???

Just wondering what it would take for them to keep supplying it?

DS

Flybob
02-09-2002, 01:58 PM
Ryan,
Perhaps you might supply us with an email or FAX so that we could inform Anglers Sport Group of our desire to have the products from Bowtyer available. If memory serves, the power of the pen, or computer, is mighty, especially when you talk bottom line to a supplier.
Bob

NrthFrk16
02-10-2002, 01:05 AM
Brian, Flybob and othes who love this stuff...

You may contact Angler Sport Group by calling 585-757-9958. Remember they are on the East Coast so if you call, you will have to call during standard business hours based upon EST.

And if you would like to email them...
Info@anglersportgroup.com
Service@anglersportgroup.com

Flybob
02-10-2002, 01:28 AM
Ryan,
Thanks for the contact info. My 2 cents worth was sent to the service email address a minute ago.

Tight lines and low water, Bob

JimW
02-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Are you guys talking about the arctic fox tail that bowtyer packages?

fredaevans
02-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Roger that on the artic fox tail. BT also has several other 'hair/fur' materials that are top of the line.
Fred

JimW
02-11-2002, 09:40 AM
If anyone needs the artic fox tail I know I've seen it at a shop near work. The shop is closed until March 1st :rolleyes: but I will post colors and quantities when they open if anyone is having trouble locating this product.