loomis 2 handed sticks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: loomis 2 handed sticks

metalhead
02-06-2002, 02:21 AM
so,what do you all think of the loomis 13 ft 8/9 glx and the 14 ft 8/9 gl3 and why?

juro
02-06-2002, 11:32 AM
I only have real experience with the retired IMX 15 ft 4pc 8/9 - nice rod. I am a Sage guy all the way but I got this one for a song and have really come to like it. Sorry but I have no idea how it relates to the current GLX equivalent.

I will copy this thread to the Spey Clave, you're bound to get a better answer on this topic there...

Moonlight
02-10-2002, 11:32 AM
I ,like Juro' have in my stash the Loomis 15' 8/9 4 piece. They must have dropped the ball on marketing that particular rod because ever since I started Spey casting I have offered it too many top rods to demo and to a man they have all spoken highly of it. My own opinion is that it is a realy nice, easy casting 9/10 . I am not much of a caster probably have way too many faults to even bother with trying lessons but I do fish quite a bit mostly in the winter with tips and this rod will throw tips up to 11 wt 15' with a 10wt DT all day long at 85'.
I haven't seen any of the rods your inquiring about I guess the shops around here are hung up on the Sage (they did market well)