I have this power! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I have this power!

Slinger
02-06-2002, 01:19 AM
To control the weather that is. Meerly by spending money I can change the weather. I bought a new gun for deer hunting and summer lasted till Dec. , so I started to think about fishing this winter on the Thames. I went out and bought 2 new Redington LA reels and it got down right cold. Then I bought 2 new Temple Forks rods to go with the reels, and it set off an arctic blast. Now with the bill of sale and reg. for my new and first boat, a 16` tin boat, I have single handedly assured that the groundhog was being optomistic. With this in mind I just might go and buy a pair of skis and bindings.
Slinger

juro
02-06-2002, 02:00 AM
:hehe:

Thanks for the mid-winter cheer! Guys, let's all chip in and buy Slinger a plow!

NrthFrk16
02-06-2002, 04:01 AM
So are you 'Right Coasters' finally seeing the winter weather?? From what I heard you had temps in the 60's not to long ago...

I acutally miss the snow... :( It sure was pretty and fun while it lasted!!

DFix
02-06-2002, 08:56 AM
Steve - any interest in buying my birthday present??? -

A BRAND NEW PAIR OF SNOWSHOES !!!:whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

grego
02-06-2002, 10:12 AM
I bought a $700 Snow Blower & we haven't seen more than 8" of snow in my Town!

John Desjardins
02-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Cheer up guys, I saw the first taps on maple trees yesterday. Someone thinks spring will be early this year.

Greg I know those snowblower pains. I bought one this year too.

juro
02-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by John Desjardins
Cheer up guys, I saw the first taps on maple trees yesterday. Someone thinks spring will be early this year.

Greg I know those snowblower pains. I bought one this year too.

Either that or the cold broke the bottles of syrup from last year! :D

I'll have to admit that I hate the cold arid Northeast winter - the thick layer of salt on my truck, the ice damage to my roof, the inpenetrable skating rink driveway, etc.

My dream: full time summer guide on Cape Cod; full time winter guide in the keys with two steelhead trips a year (summer run / winter run) for fun. My dreams of moving back to the PNW are remote and getting 'remoter' with my wife's strong family ties.

Maybe someday... :p