You wanna get married??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: You wanna get married???

Steelheader69
02-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Sheesh Ryan, OC is absolutely correct. It's like getting marrid, you buy the shop, but stop fishing (get manrried and no sex LOL). Ii'd thought of that myself, but have heard many a times from old employees and owneres of shops (conventional and fly fishing).

Ppersonaly, I'm going the easy route. I do alot of tying for friends and family. They pay me of course, I doon't give the flies away, but petty close at timmes. Ii'm gonna start up my own one man company, maybe start a website. Tie to order so no overhead (I know, yo lose the overstock deduction, but hate tyinn for no reason), and have somme fun doing it. I'd have to keep up somme books, but no different then I do now, between keeping tabs on my suplies, costs of such, and the chargeing I'm doing the same as running a business, yet not gettin the write off. Not a world class tyer like some I've seen (Damned Juro ties some nice flies, shesh) but seem t e popular with soome of the ocals. If I was gion to be starting up a fly shop, I'd be moving to Forks. PT is nice, but I love the scenery AND th fishing in Forks. Can't beat knowing i coul put my rod n th Hoh everyday I wanted (Hoh River tha is :) )

juro
02-05-2002, 07:40 PM
To all moderators! Please do not use merge threads!

I tried merging this post with the thread started by Ryan - "wanna buy a flyshop?" and the other thread seems to have vanished.

Sorry Ryan! You're just gonna have to finish school afterall :devil:

Also sorry to OC and whoever else replied to Ryan... I meant only to put the two together but SNAFU'ed the process!

Steelheader69
02-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Ii'd even put the word on the other post for Ryan to check it ouut. Mannnnn, I pay all this money to use tis site and yo do this. UMMMMMM, wait a TIC. I guess it's your board and I don't pay, what am I saying. I bow to the great Juro and ask for forgiveness (and pray my postng abilities don't get yankded). :D

NrthFrk16
02-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Its okay...I loaded this board and looked around and did not see a thread. I thought it might have turned ugly or something or I did something wrong, said something I shouldnt have...

Oh well...

btw-I've seen firsthand what owning a tackle shop will do to someone but I still can not deny the desire to. Oh well...like it will ever happen. :hehe:

Whistler
02-07-2002, 07:48 PM
Ryan, as for actual fishing and fly shop ownership. Quantity way down, quality up.BN