Nates Making Stronger Showing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nates Making Stronger Showing

NrthFrk16
02-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Just a quick report for you all and to get Juro salivating...:devil: I am hearing of more and more wild fish showing up in the lower ends of our local rivers. And all the fish I have seen pictures of have been CHROME!! :)

The nice thing is there seems to be a lack of heavy pressure on our local rivers. When the hatchery fish crashed and crashed hard many people gave up. Those that have stuck with it are experiencing some very good fishing on rivers that are recieving less then normal pressure. :)

Doublespey
02-03-2002, 11:41 PM
That's just what I needed to hear . . .. .Cough ~

Cough Sniffle~~~

I feel a Bad Case of Mykiss Flu comin on!!!

:smokin: :devil:

DS

juro
02-04-2002, 12:26 AM
There is a big bad spring native in my future... I can feel it down to the bones like a bowl of Bonney's homemade soup and a tall Torrefazzione. Creature comforts set aside with a chill still in my boots I can see myself wading into the shallows and visualize the line singing out to land on glacial green waters sluicing beneath the edge of the cedars. With a mend or two my hands would hold the long Spey rod under tension to force the line to weave like a serpent and activate the fly into it's teasing underwater dance as it spans the zone between the smooth stones of eternity and the crisp air of a new day; a day where it's not too late to dream of native steelhead.

Salivate?... I am long past that!

NrthFrk16
02-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Juro-
Give that description a couple of tweaks it could very well be the opening paragraph for a novel in which Fabio graces its cover. :D ;)

Brian-
If that flu comes on really strong and makes working impossbile on Wendsday...shoot me a hollar. :)

juro
02-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Ryan -

Who's Fabio? Have you been reading from your sister's bookshelf again? :devil: j/k

I am not responsible for what I post past 1am on superbowl sunday :rolleyes:

Steelheader69
02-04-2002, 08:58 AM
Not alot of pressure, buut fish to those who are out ther. Hhave some reliable reports from people who live on soome key rivers. Am ready for next week (on vaacation). Am gonna try tying up sommeexperimental patterns and of course old try and true.

But hey, wha'ts a fishing trip without okie and yarn?? ROFL :D :) had to add that.

KerryS
02-04-2002, 09:26 AM
I got one native hen about 12 pounds on Sat. from the Skagit. Saw a 6 or so pounder caught Sun. Water is very cold and fish are lethargic. I think there are plenty of fish already in the river but, they are not biting because of the cold.

Doublespey
02-04-2002, 12:44 PM
Ryan, . . .I'll drop you an email Tue nite if I just can't stand it anymore!!!

hasta,

DS

KerryS
02-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Fishing partner of mine got another nate yesterday from the Skagit.........................................the y are here.........................:smokin: