A plug for our sponsor... Fishy Pete [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A plug for our sponsor... Fishy Pete

juro
01-31-2002, 05:47 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Fishy Pete's staff at the Marlboro show and I must say that I was very impressed! (I guess Gary Borger was too, he has just joined them)

This is a totally unsolicited plug, motivated by my surprise more than anything else... I will confess, I thought any mail order fly club has got to be one of these overseas labor scams. I thought the flies couldn't be any good. Man I was wrong - the flies are of very high quality, unique and interesting, original in many cases, and far from the 'call before midnight' quality one might expect from such a bargain price.

Just another great sponsor on the Forum!

pmflyfisher
01-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Been waiting to see their flies, looks like the first box got lost in the mail, and they said they have now remailed them to me.

Just what I need more flies !! :eyecrazy:

Have more than any one person would need now, need more fishing time so I can start losing a bunch, thats what I really need
along with the rest of you. :smokin:

striblue
01-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Juro.. I spoke with him at length also and the quality was first rate and nice guy also.. The little booklet pages that come with each selection would make a great personal resource.. Looks like a class act to me.

Nick
02-01-2002, 07:21 AM
I actually got the flies from them in the mail. They sent me a free sample of 3 flies in a box. Very original deciever pattern that may be just the ticket in darker salt ponds and such this spring. Hook quality was first rate and the case they came in is really nice as well.

Nick