UFT - February Meeting [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: UFT - February Meeting

jared
01-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Bob Popovics will be the featured speaker at the February 7th meeting of United Fly Tyers. Doors open at 6:30pm. Tying begins at 7pm (or thereabouts depending on traffic). Directions are available at the UFT website (which is apparently back up and running.....)

www.unitedflytyers.org (http://www.unitedflytyers.org)

if you attend, stop by and say hi!

--jared

jared
01-30-2002, 08:36 AM
nudge

grego
01-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info Jared. I'll definately try to make this one.

If you haven't seen Bop Pop. Speack/Tie it's well worth the trip!

Lefty
01-30-2002, 12:32 PM
If I can get out o fthe house that night I'm there.

Lefty

striblue
01-30-2002, 10:31 PM
Jared.. I will be there. I don't miss many UTF meetings... the best in tying education.

jared
02-07-2002, 12:10 PM
See y'all tonight!

--j

striblue
02-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Jared... great show last night and nice to see Dave F, Todd and Brendan O'Brien.... Sat right next to Poplovic and watched him tie these new Bucktail Streamers... they came out great... some translucent others full... He says this is his new concentration. The slide show was spectacular about Harkers Island and Albie Blitzes. The only problem was I spent another $50 on tying supplies from Hunters and almost dropped $95 on a Hardy 1924 catalogue and fishing book. When I ran out of Money, I put the touch on Brendan who passed me a $20. Oh...brother...

jared
02-08-2002, 02:07 PM
John --

glad you enjoyed it....(btw, it is spelled Popovics)...:)

As good as the Harker's video was...I thought his bait presentation was remarkable. Best (perhaps first) I've
seen of its kind where saltwater is concerned! Truly groundbreaking work.

Paul DiNolo is joining us next month, and then the annual
auction in April

UFT is soliciting donations, so if anyone feels like donating something it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

--jared

DFix
02-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Marvelous evening !!!

Popovics is very entertaining and that bait info video was eye opening. I did enjoy the Cape Lookout get together, especially the look on Lefty's face when he realized he was being honored.

tomd
02-08-2002, 05:41 PM
:eyecrazy: hey John, when you tie some of those bucktail streamers up, post some pictures and recipes... notice how I didn't say "if you tie some of those buctails up" :D Tom D

striblue
02-08-2002, 11:25 PM
Will do.. but I have to buy the camera first. I will be looking into that in a couple weeks.. then you get that and about 100 bonefish flies to boot.

Sprocket
02-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Pop stuff: didn't see him tie but the baitfish video was awesome. I'd like to see it again.
Harkers was pretty cool too.

John: you might be broke but at least you caught forty or so between reels...

as usual, it was a great evening - lots to learn & put into practice.