A terrible weekend [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A terrible weekend

Dble Haul
01-20-2002, 06:04 PM
My plans to go to the Marlboro show on Saturday went awry when I was checked into the hospital on Friday evening. After periods of general fatigue and nausea, it appears that I have a blood infection, probably the result of a kidney stone that I passed almost two weeks ago. I got out of the hospital at noon today (Sunday), and have a rather lengthy recovery involving frequent follow-up visits to monitor my progress. Blood infections are nothing to be trifled with.

The timing was just awful. I was so looking forward to meeting some of you and putting faces with names.....alas, it will have to wait for another time. Right now I need to concentrate on getting better so that I'll be ready to go chase fish in a few months.

I look forward to the day when we finally do cross paths.

jborkowski
01-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Dble Haul,

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

John Desjardins
01-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Mark, I hope you feel better soon.

fredaevans
01-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Major "?" for Joan when she does her tours with Rick Stevens "Eupope through the back door." This is when I show a great tendency to do something ....... Well, 7 trips and 3 shots at the hospital. Do I have a target in the middle of my forehead, or am I just a 'high maintance' husband?

Don't respond... any of you.
fe

Dble Haul
01-21-2002, 08:16 PM
Fred, if you're high maintenance, then I must be past my warranty at this point.

Thank you all for the well wishes. It makes a difference. My blood check today was headed well back to normal sub toxic levels.

Hawkeye
01-21-2002, 08:28 PM
Thank God! And may it keep heading that way!

Penguin
01-23-2002, 10:51 AM
...Mark...Glad to hear the blood tests are looking up!
Hydrate like crazy and rest up because the "daze" are getting longer and you have friends pulling for you to go fishing!
If you need a ride to the Wilmington show and/or the casting clave just say the word...
Cheers!

Lefty
01-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Sorry to miss you. Get well soon man. I caught a blood infection when I was a lobsterman, tough stuff. Best o luck.

Lefty