A Printing Question [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A Printing Question

saltRon
01-17-2002, 11:21 PM
When I would like to print out a particular response in a thread is there a meathod by which you can eliminate the other posts in that section and only print what you were were interested in recording.

-------saltRon

Hawkeye
01-18-2002, 01:54 PM
As far as I can figure you would have to select the items you want printed, copy them, paste them to word or some such program and then print. - Not too difficult but certainly more so than simply hitting print.

saltRon
01-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks gregg. saltRon

pmflyfisher
01-19-2002, 07:07 AM
Yes that is what I do, if I want something, and do not want the entire thread with ancillary comments. Copy and past to word or to note pad in MS.

saltRon
01-23-2002, 08:07 PM
HI GUYS---- Cut and Paste seemed like too much procedure for the computor illertate in me so I questioned a young one who has grown up wth these things and here it is. Takes longer to explain than actually do.

Highlight the text of the particular thread or threads that you want to copy,,, then click on file in your header,,,,, hit print,,, select from the print rangebox 'SELECTION',,,,,, then in print frames select,,,, ONLY THE SELECTED FRAME.... then OK or PRINT.

Learn something new every day on this thing.

-----saltRon

juro
01-23-2002, 08:11 PM
And now to completely change the subject, Ron - how was the ocean salmon fishing last fall out your way? There were a lot of silvers across the straits from you. Did those little basket inserts work for your stripping basket? Still smiling thinking about those coho.

saltRon
01-23-2002, 09:53 PM
Hi JURO The SALMON fishing was very good in the tidal waters in the general area we shall describe as the lower Mainland. The no of fishing days was reduced for me this Fall but was able to connect with a reasonable number of Cohos, a bonanza of Pinks and usual the Chum,[Calicos,dog] salmon were here in there normal abundence giving you all you can handle in a normal day.

The stripping basket assembled from the material you sent works like a hot damn and I did post my original findings in that original thread. The thing that amazed me was that there were a few more people using the baskets this year and I had a conversation with one young boy who had one and he related to me that his Grandfather advise him to get one as he had used this years ago

------ saltRon