Fly Fishing Forum banner

Amazing Glue

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
About a year or so ago, I posted about some super amazing industrial glue that a freind picked up at the Boat Show. I was going to get info on how to purchase the product but I totally forgot...

Anyways, I was at the Boat Show today and picked up a bottle of it for myself.

This stuff is incredible!!!...At the show, they glue two ends of rubber tubing together and ask you to break the seal but you can not! At work, we threaded mono with some of the glue about 1/2" into a flyline. The actual flyline was ripped apart when two of us were pulling each section...the mono would not pull out. The final test was a connection of mono to Spectra which is are the two toughest lines to connect. We threaded the mono through the Spectra for about 1" and then placed a couple drops on the Spectra. We wrapped each end around a screwdriver and there were 3 of us pulling to try to pull the sections apart and we couldnt not! :whoa: :whoa:

They finally got a website up and I highly advise anyone who uses Super Glue to pick up a bottle. It isnt cheap as a small bottle is about $15, but it does go a very long ways.

Super Duper Super Glue

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.