Deadline coming for Steelhead fly swap [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Deadline coming for Steelhead fly swap

Steelheader69
01-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Ok all of you who are in the fly swap. So far I have my flies done of course :) and I have flies so far from Rob Allen, Striblue, Eugene, Fredaevens, and PMFlyfisher. We have some wonderful flies so far. Now all I have is to wait on the rest of you. Here's a list of who I'm waiting for.

Nrthfrk16
Juro
GB Skunk
Philster
Andre
Doublespey
Highlander

Can't waiit for the rest of the flies and can't wait til the next swap.

NrthFrk16
01-11-2002, 02:35 AM
:whoa: :whoa: I guess I'd better get crackin... :whoa: :whoa:

fredaevans
01-11-2002, 05:38 AM
and NO you may not allow yourself to get into a time bind and go over to the 'for sale' fly bins an pick out a dozen. We know "your tricks" and have you under observation.
:tsk_tsk:

GBSkunk
01-11-2002, 09:30 AM
I mailed mine yesterday but then I remembered I forgot to glue the heads of the flies! Sorry folks.

NrthFrk16
01-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Damn Fred...I guess I'll have to tie 'em. Those little girls from Sri Lanka tie a killer GP though...

fredaevans
01-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Love this pattern, but it was the first to confirm for me I'm a rank amatur when it comes to tieing a 'complex' pattern. :(

juro
01-11-2002, 07:27 PM
My dog ate my... my mother ran it through the washer... I had a fever... I... I... :rolleyes:

Very busy week + half coming up, Flyshow next weekend... I will give it hell. Ryan, got a URL for Srilankaflies.com ? :devil:

Steelheader69
01-12-2002, 08:43 PM
I thought I heard them all, now this Juro??? Go to he principal's office young man, then I want you to tie up a thousand GP's and say "I wil NOT miss a flyswap deadline" 50 times. :)

Tis ok, was getting worried. Barely have half th flies and only a few days to go. Worse thing of all the CLOSEST guy to me soounds like he hasn't even STARTED his flies yet. Who couuld tha be SPARLKEY????? LOL The first two sets of flies I got came from the east coast. I also decided to throw in an extra fly for all of you. I am goig to tie up the low water pattern of thefly I tied up for the swap.

We have some darned nice flies. After seeing the tube flies that have come in I'm going todig ouut my new tube tying attachment and try my luck aat tying some up.

striblue
01-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Come on guys.... that was the first steelhead fly I ever tied( and I am sure it looks it).. but I sort of made it up... but got it done . I must confess that when I went to buy my hooks I did look though the Steelhead fly bin at the local Orvis store... looked over my shoulders a couple times and grabbed a hand full of a certain pattern... but believe it or not they looked pretty simple... at least that batch... so I said.."should I" buy them that is..... then said "naw" not out of honor but how was I going to provide the recipe......

Doublespey
01-13-2002, 02:47 PM
Hey ST69 et al,

My flies may be a day late - gotta run over to the OP for a couple days (i can hear your hearts bleeding) and won't be able to get 'em in the mail till tuesday morning. You should receive them by Wed.

hasta,

DS

Steelheader69
01-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Hey mister, are you going over to fish the Duc or Hoh??? Mannnnnnnn, tha' goingto cost you sir. I feel tha'll cost you an extra dozen flies sir, preferably a set of tube flies. :)

I would've been joining you out that way. Had to cancel my plans, almost broke my ankle at work oon Monday and am in a softsplint. Hope to be completely out of cast, but still really hurts buut can walk on it ok. Just hurrts to stand too long oon it. Worse thing i I had plans to clean garage and do som things this weekend, but now I'm hobbled up. GRRRRRRRR

NrthFrk16
01-14-2002, 03:27 AM
ummm...yeah, my flies are in the mail. :rolleyes: What is life without a little procrastination??? ;)

Philster
01-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Mailed today priority mail. What with my arm injury, I waited till the last minute to tie as every day brings a hair more flexibility and mobility. As it is I had to tie a "reduced" version of my "yellow bellied pole cat". While most of my tying magic is in the left hand (material manipulation and positioning), I couldn't pull off the hackle tip veil with my current "mano de piedre" right hand. It'll still catch a lip, don't you worry!:hehe:

fredaevans
01-14-2002, 10:47 PM
I can understand where you're at. It will take a while but if it's a major wrist/hand injury a 're-hab' suggestion. Will sound a bit strange but I went through weeks of rehab (at $75/hr!) with little to show for it. Said to self: "Self, even if insurance company is paying for this, this is silly." Had a large vineyard at the time and pruning was upon us and only so much to invest in 'professional help.'

The required hand motion of pruning, the constant 'squeezing,' etc., was the best phys. thpy in the world. The hospital staff even asked if they could refer clients (with something in the order of 10,000 vines to prune and another 6 or 7,000 to 'wire train' was very tempted to take them up on the offer).

But back to the point: if you can get involved in this type of activity it's amazing how fast you'll get back most of your 'range of motion.'
fe

juro
01-15-2002, 12:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Sorry all, there has been no possible way for me to get these tied for the deadline; I can promise that I will tie them during the upcoming fly show this weekend where we have a booth and get them in the mail afterwards.

I am known for over-comitting myself to the family, work, this site, other sites, other work, fishing, etc, etc - but this winter I have topped them all!

If it's a problem feel no reservation to cut me out of the running, otherwise I will get them tied between our guest tyers at the show and in the mail.

fredaevans
01-15-2002, 01:01 PM
and all will be forgiven.:smokin:

NrthFrk16
01-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Well if it is going to be a week before you see Juro's...gives me some extra time. ;) :devil:

andre
01-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Juro,

Thanks for saving me. I get back in town Friday so I can get mine in the mail Sat. I know the over commitment of time thing all to well.

andre

Steelheader69
01-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Sure, that's fine with delay, just gonna cost you a cuople extra flies :) Hmm, I'd say a couple GP's a piece would work. :D Any other flies would work to. I'm suure the others who were on tim would want thir fair share to. LOL.

I guess we can start th negotiations. Hmmm, say an extra 2 GP's per tier who's ontime for al thoe who are late??? LOL

fredaevans
01-15-2002, 05:57 PM
he's just a 'touch' too eager. Suggest you send to extra flys to me and I'll take charge of the additional distribution.:devil:

juro
01-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Geez I'd better get tyin' or I'll be up to the entire Ranger series of classic AS flies for the group! :p

Thanks for the reprieve and I always include spares for the meister.

striblue
01-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Ahwww.. give them a break... and I know Juro has been planning for the Fly show.

pmflyfisher
01-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Agree Juro must be real busy with the show.

I can wait for the flies, lots of winter left out here in the Midwest

He will just have to join the Atlantic Salmon fly swap as a penalty for being late with the steelhead swap.

:chuckle: :chuckle:

fredaevans
01-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Penalty phase: double bakers doz. Period ... and send them to me and I'll send the proper allotment to "69.":smokin:

Steelheader69
01-15-2002, 10:30 PM
LOL, don't think I like your negotiations, you sound to quick to keep ading up flies, ut for some reason I think I'm not getting anymore. :)

Oh yeah, striblu, give me a break. Juro has nothing to do al ay, sheesh. Runing his business, this board, tying flies, ad getting ready for this fly show is no big deal. He probably had it al done week ago, an is to busy fishing. :) I think 4 baker's dozen GP's, a variety of fancy smancy AS flies (with rare feathers mind you), and say some spey lines lines may put him back in good standings with the flyswapmeister. ROFL.

Sheesh, now sparkey mind you, what's your excuse??? LOLGet off the computer for anight and get your flies done sir. My word. LOL

Doublespey
01-22-2002, 01:26 PM
The Good news - yes, all 13 are in the mail! :D

The Bad news? I forgot to send the 13 Tiemco 105 #4s in the package with the tubeflies. :confused:

The question is - do the swap participants want to supply their own hooks or should i send them as a "chaser". :rolleyes:

Jerry?

fredaevans
01-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Just kidding; hooks I've (probably all of us) got. Those that don't, just don't forget Tubes use a straight/ring eye (is that the proper way of saying it?) hook. Up/down eyed don't work with Tubes.
fe

Steelheader69
01-22-2002, 08:46 PM
I just realized, we're a week past deadline and I stil have yet to recieve a few memebers flies. Hey Brian, I'll forgive you, just send meyour tube vise for restitution for all my pain and suffering for the delay of the flies. Oh eyeah, while I'm at it, all this emotional stress put upon me by the late tiers, Ii'd say maybe a sage spey rod, maybe a reel or two (an Abel wouuld work) and some misc. lines and such would more then be adequate. :)

pmflyfisher
01-22-2002, 08:51 PM
I can get the hooks, as long as I know which ones.

Just send the tubes as soon as possible, I need specimens for tying this winter.

Hal

Doublespey
01-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Tiemco 105 #4 work great with the flies I tied. Meant to include a pack of 'em, but the unbelievable stress of being late and rushed got the better of me:eyecrazy:

Anybody that can't find them, just send me email and I'll mail you off a few - they're great tube fly hooks for orange/tan/gold/yellow patterns. Unfortunately, the bronze doesn't looks so good with the black and purple ties.

Good Fishing!

DS

pmflyfisher
01-22-2002, 11:55 PM
Stress whats that, no need for that when we are dealing with
fly fishing as the subject matter.

Thanks for the tube fly hook info. Fred's holding back on us with new found tube knowledge.

Fred, did you hook anything yet on those new tubes of yours and that new 18' foot spey rod ? You have been hitting the river awful hard in the last week.

It is just a matter of time right ?

:hehe: :hehe:

fredaevans
01-23-2002, 04:58 AM
Fishing was very strange over the long weekend. Sat and Sunday the Rogue was running gin clear from top to bottom. BIG storm (and we don't get many of them ... prohibited by County Ord.) on Sunday night blew out the river from top to bottom.

Lots and lots of fish in the middle-upper river (Ranie Falls to Grants Pass but they've got lock-jaw. Even the bait chuckers were singing the blues. Strange, very strange.

Two fish on, and lost, on the tubes. First head jerk set the hook, the second ripped the fly right off the end of the leader. Malcom put me on to the 'what's wrong with this picture." Both fish were hooked on brass tubes (the stock for which was cut from model airplane materials) and the top end of the tubes had not been properly 'de-burred.' So result was the tube was chaffing the leader material. That 10# Maxima Ultra main line I use for leader material was probably more like 4 or 5#'s.

Will be back chasing the buggers this weekend.

pmflyfisher
01-23-2002, 07:38 AM
Yes I can see that happening with the metal tubes if the edges are not properly rounded.

Those things must sink like submarines, gotta try them but I really need them in natural nymph type patterns size 6 and smaller.

How do I tie those ? An egg seeking leech ipattern is the only way I see tying a nymph type imitiation on a tube.

Need help from the tube experts out there.

Thanks in advance

juro
01-23-2002, 08:24 AM
sh69 -

Thanks for your patience mon schwapmeister! The flyshow is over and I am whittling away at my swap quota this week. I'll let you know when I get them sent off.

regards,
Juro

fredaevans
01-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Hal, you can tie some pretty small flys on tubes, in partiular the stiff plastic or metal ones (and as you thought, the metal ones though low in wt sink like a stone), but what 'doubles' the size is the connecting pipe on the end into which you insert/hold the hook.

Malcom's daughter Melanie tied/sent over some wonderful small patern steelhead flys to me. Very tiny and all look like they would be deadly (no kidding, she did a top notch, bang up job!!!) for winter run Steelhead. Great colours, tight ties, small and expect deadly. Think I'll have to hire her and put her on the fly tieing payroll. She does a better job than I do.:eyecrazy:

One's called the "Dentist Fly" made from Black and Orange Artic Fox tails and body made of gold rib. Her comment with the fly was "Always pulls one out!" (Wonderful line given her Dad's a Dentist.). The flys (all but the Collie Dog) feature died Artic Fox tail material; beautiful stuff and don't ever remember this from any of the material suppliers. Must search around for this as it's class A steelhead fly material.

Fred

NrthFrk16
01-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Feel free to take your time, Juro!! :devil: :devil:

steeliesonafly
01-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey Fred,
How about a pic on that fly she tied! Am surely interested in seeing one! Haven't tied or even used a tube fly yet and have only seen a few that others have posted. New flies are fun to see!:whoa:

juro
01-27-2002, 10:32 PM
Flies will ship tomorrow morning! Thanks for waiting.

This year, instead of tying creature flies (bunny rats) or upper echalons (ackroyds) I decided to tie winter working flies, a pattern I called the "sandbug":

NrthFrk16
01-27-2002, 10:48 PM
:eyecrazy: That is a trip looking pattern!!! :eyecrazy: Can not wait to recieve one in the mail...

Note To Self: Start tying! :D

fredaevans
01-27-2002, 11:51 PM
is heading up to Edmonds, Washington for Guide training on Tuesday (she works for Rick Steves "Europe Through The Back Door" group but will be back first of next week. As she's the electronic camera 'know it all' I'll wait for her to get back, take the photo's and post. Trust me on this one though, it's worth the wait. Great patterns all.
Fred

Steelheader69
01-28-2002, 12:21 AM
With Juro sending his off, that leaves Sparkey, Highlander, and Andre left to send in flies. Then I'll be able to send them back off.

We have some damned nice flies. Sorry if you guys get some that are a bit "fishy" smelling, and a bit used. But couldn't wait, and had to swing a few. :D Just kidding of course. We have some great flies though. You'll all be impressed.

andre
01-28-2002, 02:05 AM
Ok,

I've had them finished for a couple of days I just have the getting to the mail box issue. The trip for me on this swap is, I have been using slight variations of this pattern for about a year, it has worked very well. I have landed my two largest steelhead on it 42 1/2 x 22 1/2 and one two days earlier tht was larger on the butt section of my rod. They will be out tomorrow. I never thought I could make it a year using a single principle for a fly.

pmflyfisher
01-29-2002, 07:09 AM
Yes that Sand Bug will work in Michigan in smaller sizes below size 6.

Looks Good !!

NrthFrk16
01-30-2002, 04:25 AM
I am finishing up my flies. I tied a couple a Bodyfur Shrimps in a couple differnt colors, a couple Bowtyer Speys and the rest are Wadington Shank style flies.

The Wadington Shank flies are butt ugly because they are a pain to tie so I do not put any added effort into making them look pleasing to the eye. They are kept simplistic because actually tying the fly is a pain...

Anyways, Wadington Shanks come in differnt lengths. I tied these on very large ones, 55mm, which is connected to a 1/0 Octupus hook via 80# dacron. These are Skeena River specials and fish very well on glacial rivers like the Hoh. You can buy 'em in many differnt sizes and the 55mm are the second largest ones that are produced...I shouldn't need to tell you but they are a b*tch to cast. 7 weights need not apply :devil:

juro
01-30-2002, 06:13 AM
Ryan -

Au contrare' - I hope I get one of those waddingtons cause I'll be swingin' em deep in the Hoh before ya know it this spring :D Besides nothing could be butt uglier than what I sent in.

Question on Wads though - how do they clamp into the vise? I suppose you just clamp the shaft above the rear eye or something? I have some I should tie on one and see for myself but since you are in the act...

pmflyfisher
01-30-2002, 06:14 AM
Yes Sand Bug looks good, Steelheader 69 what is the new ETIC for the mailing of the flys to every one ?

juro
01-30-2002, 06:51 AM
PMff -

A question I asked before but not sure if you saw it:

You are consistently commenting on fly size being too large for your fishery. I am curious how you are fishing these tiny flies?

I fish small stuff for summer runs but we're talking 6's and 4's and a rare 8. When it comes to winter fish I like to get their attention with 1/0 and 2/0 (sometimes 3/0!) and can't imagine swinging some of the sizes you are talking about as I cast and step down through a run. There has to be a huge difference in technique.

Are you standing still working a pod of fish over and over? Is the leader weighted (not legal in some rivers)? Are you drifting these little nymphs to holding fish?

There must be some significant difference in the presentation to make tiny flies effective for these brute trout.

I am equally curious whether traditional sinktip swing techniques with traditional size steelhead flies (or atlantic salmon flies, take your pick) would work once mid-march warms the water up, or during the fall runs.

Steelheader69
01-30-2002, 09:22 AM
As of right now, looks like I wonn't be mailing until about late next week at the earliest. It really depends on when the rest of the flies trickle in. Sounds like everyone else has their flies done and ready to mail and/or aare mailed. Except Hhighlaander, haaven't heard from him so not ssure on his status.

Eugene
01-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Ryan,
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of these "Waddington shank" flies because I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like a phallic Monty Python skit.

pmflyfisher
01-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Yes I like that fly, are they in the mail yet, to us ?

NrthFrk16
01-30-2002, 10:50 PM
Juro-
The Wadington Shanks actually are not too tough to tie with. I have lots of problems though because I my vise (Nor-Vise) just is not condusive to tying with them. The biggest problem is that the dacron hanging out of the rear end that the trailer hooks gets in the way. I clamp the shank in at the rear (the back eye sits in pararell (sp?) with the jaws) so the shank is perpendicular to my tying surface adn then I rotate my vise 45 degrees so I am now tying on the flat section of the hook. I hope that description makes sense. If there is alot of demand in know how to tie these buggers I will drag the digicam up from work and take some pictures for demonstration purposes.

Eugene-
Wadington Shanks look like a standard Tiemco 7999 with the hook cut off right were the bend starts. Also the return loop goes all the way around to the rear of the hook. The 55mm I am tying with now are about the length of a 5/0. :devil:

NrthFrk16
01-31-2002, 03:28 AM
I have been tying with Bowtyer for going on a 1 and a half or so and for a while have been eyeing this stuff for these Wadington Shanks. Well tonight I decided to give it a try...

Normally I just palmer rabbit but I decided to palmer the 2xl long white around the trailer hook and palmer the 2xl pink up the 55mm shank. You should see this fly...it is nothing short of monsterous, but anyone who has seen some of the stuff that that is fished on the Hoh like 6" pink worms will realize that this fly will fish. Now it is just a matter of finding a rod that will throw this fly...

So anyone who has atleast a 10# 15' please speak up so Jerry can give this fly to one of you... :devil:

juro
01-31-2002, 07:24 AM
Ryan, Jerry -

10150-4 Sage - check! I'm in for the Hoh monster. :smokin:

NrthFrk16
01-31-2002, 08:29 AM
Jerry-
Give it to Juro...hes got dibs. :hehe:

Now it is time to go back to bed after burying a size 3 Alec Jackson Steelhead Iron in my left buttocks during my sleep at 5 oclock this morning. :o

NrthFrk16
02-01-2002, 03:55 AM
on my middle of the night ass hooking see...
Yours Truly's Mid-Night Ass Hooking (http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007633)

Hope you all get a decent laugh out of it... :)

fredaevans
02-01-2002, 02:40 PM
higher insurance rates than we 'old foggies.' Damn! That had to hurt.

Bad Pun here but normally (trying to) "get their hooks into you" refers to 'romance, ' not a #3 fly hook. I really do think you and I have to sit down and have a looooooong talk.:smokin:

Steelheader69
02-01-2002, 07:38 PM
That's the oldest excuse in the world for people who are LATE sending in their flies for a fly swap. Heard it a 1000 times. :)

Got Juro's flies, DAMNED they're nice. DAMNED nice boxes too you sent the in. I suppose you want them back?? :) Finder's keepers. LOL. I gues I'll send your flies back ii th empty containerr you sent. Sheesh. They are nice, may hae to find out whereyou got them. I'm gonna use the extra one for a fly box oon my sled/cat. Easier then havin multiple boxes and very sturday.

Ok, we're only down to 3 now. I'm hoping to have this wrapped up prety quickk.

pmflyfisher
02-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Ryan,

You had me laughing and thinking about my similar experience about ten years ago. I was home sick from work one day in early March right before I was going up to Michigan for the steelhead run. Got bored watching the SOAPs so decided to tie some more flies for the trip. Had a small table in my family room set up. Well I was barefooted and when getting up to walk to the kitchen felt something when I walked on the rug. Looked down and there is a number 4, salmon 36890 hook into the bottom of my foot past the barb. It was in the callous of my foot. Could not get it out and it hurt. I had dropped some hooks and thought I had got them all out of the rug. WRONG

My wife came home about an hour later and we could not get it out. So off to the hospital emergency room to get it removed. Quite embarassing the young doctor had some supposedly funny remarks about how I could do this in the middel of winter in Chicago. I tried to explain to him but don't think he got that I was tying flies.

Thank god no one recognized me in the hospital.

The moral of this story is to always wear shoes when tying flies and when you drop some hooks into the rug, after you think you got them all, get the dam vacuum cleaner and make sure you did.

:tsk_tsk: :tsk_tsk:

Steelheader69
02-01-2002, 11:42 PM
Does Ted's carry a big selection of Bowtyer? I use quite a biit of it myself, but usually have to esort to spciial ordering it since my local fly shops either don't carry it or carry very llimited selection. Bowtyer themselves will only sell wholesale. Since I won't be getting my buusiness liicense for at least a month or so as of right now I won't be able to buy them direct. I need to pick some up PDQ and don't want to have to waiit.

Oh well. One thing at a time. Let's get this swap done and flies distributed.

NrthFrk16
02-02-2002, 05:44 AM
I am out of the good colors in the good sizes but I did write an order a couple days ago and should see it sometime next week.

I see a dual-purpose trip...you bring up Ray Bobbers, I sell you BowTyer. :devil:

Steelheader69
02-04-2002, 01:35 PM
I may just bring them up personally next week. Say monday. Will include a little care package of okies. I'm just low on bowtyer supplies. Only have two bags left. I like tying with it alot more then rabbit, expecialy when I want biig profiles. Plus, I like the way it lookss and works as opposed to marabou. ALot stronger and my bowtye jigs/flies have well ouulasted multiple fish hookups over marabou. Just my opinion.

Doublespey
02-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey Ryan,

Get restocked - listening to you guys talking about the stuff reminded me of that pink and white fly you tied for the last swap. Awesome Hoh fly (IMNSHO) - I've been meaning to get some to try when I get back up to Teds next.

Keep us posted on the colors in stock.

Thanks,

DS

NrthFrk16
02-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Will do...I cant praise the stuff enough. I placed an order last Friday so I do believe I should see it by the end of the week. As of right now I am out of black, pink and purple in all sizes and styles. I let you all know! :)

Steelheader69
02-05-2002, 08:07 PM
We only have highlander and who else could it be? Hmmm, could it be no other then RYAN!!!!! LOL

Has anyone heard or know highlaander? No response in over a month, aand no repliies to messages. As of right now, what Ii'l probablly do is tie up his share, and keep those flies. Ii don't want to wait another few weeks for the flies. Oh yeah Ryan, no raybobers until I get those flies, payment or not. That'll speed him up. I doubt he wants me to put them up on a BB somewhere. LOL. I wouldn't do that to you, but figured that would give you the angst to finish those flies up. :) :D

NrthFrk16
02-05-2002, 11:27 PM
I will...I am just a horrible procrastinator. I promise I will get them done tonight and in the mail tomorrow. I PROMISE!! :) :) :)

Mean Gene
02-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey there. I'm new to this forum and was wondering what you guys are talking about when you mention the fly swap? I saw someone post about a deadline. Has it passed? When you reply remember to type slow...I'm old and slow!:hehe: Thanks.

Steelheader69
02-06-2002, 09:51 PM
I aam the swapmeister on this particular swapp. What it is, is a grouup oof tyers send in a set amount of flies to the swapmeister. I then turn around, devy them up, and resend them back. We have 13 participants, s 13 different flies (I hope anyways). The deadline is when we were supposed to have flies t me. But we have TWO procrastinators. LOL

Nnext swap, go ahead and join in, you're more then welcome.

juro
02-06-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey how about making a last call to highlander and letting Gene in if he can get the flies in on time? I'll see if we can get ahold of highlander somehow...

Mean Gene
02-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I went over to the trout area and got more information on the swap deal and am going to get involved with that. If the deadline for this one has passed that's cool, but if I can still get in I'll whip up something by Sunday and get them sent to you.

Steelheader69
02-07-2002, 12:09 AM
I sent an email to the administration addy, becauuse highlander has his email locked off. But I did send him a private message.

I should have Ryans flies tomorrow. I already have another set of flis whipped up. But can have mean green send in if highlaander bails. Mean Green, this iis a winter steelhead fly swap. So pump out 13 flies (all the same pattern) of your favorite, or your "'go to" fly. If he doesn't respondd by friday, I'll cancel hiim out iin swap, and you can join in if you'd like. If not, I already have another set to add right in. If you're truly interested, let me know.

Mean Gene
02-07-2002, 12:33 AM
I'll start tying tomarrow. If I'm in great. If the other guy responds then it just means I have 13 more flies in my box than I did yesterday!:hehe:

Steelheader69
02-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Ii've heard no response from Highlander, and don't want to hold up theswap anymore. Getyour flies to me and I'l get this swap ended. Man, I'm a glutant, I actually tied up 13 more flies for th swap, sine I had a eeling highlander wasn't going to get his in. Sooooooo, I'm throwing thoe in for al of you also.

Send flies to
Jerry Daschofsky
5085 NE 37th ST
Tacoma, WA 98422

OH WAITI!!!!!!!!
Still haaven't received Ryan's flies. Slacker. :D :)

pmflyfisher
02-09-2002, 07:10 PM
This fly swap is like waiting for a late baby to arrive ?

Please lets end the suspense soon. Soon it will be SPRING steelhead season !

:chuckle: :chuckle:

Mean Gene
02-09-2002, 10:16 PM
I'll get the flies in the mail tomarrow!

NrthFrk16
02-09-2002, 10:53 PM
Mine went in the mail today...

Steelheader69
02-11-2002, 06:31 PM
I received Ryan's Flies today. Miracles DO happen. :D

Now all I need is Mmean Gene's flies and we're iin busines. I'll have to saay Juro, you may be undergunned to tos tha big ole' fly that Ryan was alking abouut. I swear it tok a full animal hyde to tie that thing up. SHEESH. Mman, no wonder bow tyer stopped shipping product, Sparkey used up their entire supply. :)

Mman, between some of the extra flies tied for me, and extra boxes thse things were shipped in, I'm doin ok here. LOL

I may be stupid, but I thin I'm going to organize a sumerrun stelhead fly wap. Hey DS, don't laugh after our little discusion. Figured iif I get one started just after this oone, and mke deadline for June, we should be in busines. ROFL.

Mean Gene
02-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Checked with my wife and she said the post office was closed today...federal holiday. She'll get them in there tomarrow.

Steelheader69
02-11-2002, 10:41 PM
She just didn't want you leaving the houuse, or she didn't want to leave to ship for you. Reciieved my mail today, she's joshing you.

Well, we're already to go, just need Gene's and we're done.

NrthFrk16
02-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Half-a-Fox :D

Steelheader69
02-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Ii have the soft mailers aad wil haave the flies out on monday. Sorry aboout not getting them out on Saturday, haad alot to do, and by tim I realized I hadn't mailed out the flies it was to late to hit the PO.

Hope you all enjoy them. I threw in some extra flies. I was in a tying mood, and whe I'm doing some restocing of th fly boxes it's easy to stay on a roll when you're tying a certain pattern. I have my Noch special in low and high water ties. But I also threw in what i call tteh"expendable". Iit's a quick easy tie in purple/pink thtaI strictly use in thos snagy areas whee flies have a tendacy to snag up. Iit produces wel and is easy to tie up if you lose alot iin a hole.

pmflyfisher
02-17-2002, 09:27 PM
Fly Meister,

Thanks for all of your work !

Will be looking for them in the Post later this week

Will have to buy another fly wallett because these are now full, must be time to go fishing soon !!

:smokin: :smokin:

Steelheader69
02-20-2002, 09:47 AM
I kknow, I kknow, I said the flies would go out on monday. But I forgot it was presidents day. No mail. So they al went out yesterday. Keep your eyes peeled for the maailbox.

Jerry