Anyone here going to the Tube Fly Round Table? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone here going to the Tube Fly Round Table?

GBSkunk
01-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Is anyone here going to the Tube Fly Tying Session at The Fly Fishing Shop in Welches? Go to www.flyfishusa.com for details. Hope some can make it....I'd like to put a face with a name.
Edit: I'ts this Sunday....January 13th.

longhackle
01-09-2002, 09:30 PM
I am hoping to make it up there for this Sunday's roundtable, but there is a little matter of a family get together I'm trying to figure a way out of.:(

GBSkunk, is that your local fly shop and have you ever been to one of their roundtables? Just wondering if it is worth the two hour drive I will have to make. (I'm really curious about the tube fly deal).

Do you fish in the Sandy area?

I'll post a note Sunday morning if I am coming up.

fredaevans
01-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Mark, and his staff, run a great shop; spent many a dime via phone calls. New TT 8 spey line in office post today. Will load and use on my Sage 7136-4.

Take lots of notes and post on board!!!!!!!!!!
Fred

Nate Bailey
01-10-2002, 12:48 AM
I remember when welches shop was just a little cabin, I usta get flys for my excursions on the salmon river, when I was a wee lad, Im the great grandson of the man that started the comunity of welches(billy welch) also the coppers were a big part of that region, I have pictures of of my great grandfather with steelhead caught on flys from the salmon river, his favorite hole is where rippleing river condos line the bank now.

Fred I heve a tt 9/10 wt that I love.....Nate

GBSkunk
01-10-2002, 10:00 PM
longhackle, I go to all the Portland area shops but I like Mark's the best. This will be my first Roundtable that I've gone to. Looking forward to it. I do fish the Sandy but haven't fished it this year yet.
TL's,
Dave

longhackle
01-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Won't be able to drive up for the roundtable today.

Doomed to sit through another family get together and listen to the inlaws discuss various things. You know, important things like: " I can't eat cooked cabbage because it gives me gas", or how aunt Clara's bunyons are giving her such fits, etc. (I think I'll be taking a small bottle of attitude conditioner with me to doctor-up my coffee.)

Interested to know how it goes and to learn of any tube fly "tips" you pick up that you find useful.

J

pmflyfisher
01-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Yes I would be interested in any tips learned on tube fly tying.

Perhaps start a thread on the major points made at the event.

:smokin:

Stu Farnham
01-13-2002, 11:52 AM
I may drive over if I can get my s**t together...

Stu