Hello, Everybody! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hello, Everybody!

Redleg
01-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi, All. New user here to this forum and I thought I'd just introduce myself really quickly.

My name is Brian and I have been at this fine pursuit of fishing with feathers for about 20 years now (I'm 28). I am a soldier in the Army getting out in June, which, I hope, will free up some time to wet a line now and again.

I say my home waters are those around Spokane, Washington, although I currently live in Southern Missouri.

Was out walking my lab today near a spring-fed creek and watched the rainbow's sipping at those sow bugs all day long. Man, I love this sport! Well, anyways...here I am and I promise not to stir up too much S**t (like I do over on Gunbroker).

Brian

NrthFrk16
01-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Welcome!!!!! :)

juro
01-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Spokane's a nice city. I remember meeting a business assoc. out there to visit Keytronic, a company that makes computer keyboards and keys. He told me the main hwy to get on and look for a restaurant that serves the best chicken-fried steak in Spokane (forget the name). I had never had CFS before, being new to the area back then. I asked how I would find the place and he said "oh you'll find the place alright". Sure enough there was a giant neon animated sign of a CFS growing bigger and bigger, that was the place. We took the client there for dinner, the food was outstanding. Some one at the next table tried to do the belly buster where if you eat the giant steak it's free - he failed but was smiling.

Sounds like Southern MO has some winter FF opportunities! I could use a business trip to your neck of the woods right about NOW! ;-)

Welcome aboard, Brian.

striblue
01-07-2002, 09:10 PM
Welcome Brian.

fredaevans
01-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Before the World's Fair Spokane said 'we're going to show what the word 'clean' really means. Have not been to Spokane in at least 10 years but CLEAN and neat is the best way I could describe this city. It felt good to walk your streets.

Some of the Columbia streams/rivers in your area are the PRIMORDIAL steelhead waters of the world. Go West young man, go west .... at least from where you're presently at.:D

Adrian
01-08-2002, 02:50 AM
Brian

Welcome aboard!

Dble Haul
01-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Welcome, and brace yourself for lots of useful information from the folks on this board!