Marlboro Flyfishing Show [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Marlboro Flyfishing Show

artb
01-04-2002, 07:33 PM
:( I am wondering if Flyfishingforum is having a both at the show? The reason why I ask, is my wife made a mistake and tore up the flyer before I even got to look at it. I went to their site and looked under exhibitors, didn't see flyfishingforum listed. I haven't seen anything about it on the board lately,Tried a couple of weeks ago to e-mail Juro have not got an answer as of today, not criticising, but I don't know whether to go or not. I was only planning to go to meet some of the board members that I have, or have not met. maybe bringing a new rod I just built. :confused

juro
01-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Art -

Yes we are having a booth at the show. We are having several flyfishing pro's and members of the forum share a favorite fly pattern with those who sign up. Vise, materials provided. The list is near final (Roop?) and will be posted for signups this weekend.

Sorry about not get back to you, I have lost my inbox several times lately, having problems with email.

If you make the drive it'll be great to see you again Art! Hope you are recovering well from surgery.

Juro

bcasey
01-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi Art, I'll be at the show around noontime on saturday, hope to meet you. It would be good to put a face with the name. I was going to work the CCA booth however my wife booked the weekend at Wachusett Mountain ski area for the family, so I'm just gonna sneak away (with her blessings ) for a couple of hours. Maybe we will run into each other.

grego
01-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Some of the Seminars definately look worth while. I was just recalling from previous years that the Seminars are not in the Same Building as the Show itself; there up the hill near (in?) the Hotel.

Am I remembering this correctly? Will it be the Same this year?

juro
01-07-2002, 09:29 AM
GregO -

I'm sure it will be the same as last year, up the hill. Of course our tying seminar will be on location :smokin:

Case, Art - hope to see you there!

artb
01-07-2002, 07:11 PM
:) I am expecting to go Jan.19, my birthday, I will get there at about 9 and stay to about 1. The reason is I have a party in the afternoon. I will bring a camcorder, and some pictures of Shark Fishing, also Trout Fishing. if it is wanted. I also will bring 2 new rods I have just built. A 9 foot 10 weight, and a 10 foot 8 weight. with two different actions, one fast, and one moderate. I have never been to the Marlboro Show, can anyone use the pool like one can use at the Worcester show? Hope to see you all there.

Bob Pink
01-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Hi Art,
yes the Marlboro show has a casting pool (typically right in the center of the show) And it's available to everyone unlss there is a casting demo taking place.
Looking forward to seeing everyone during the show..!

ps: happy Birthday!

striblue
01-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Great Photo Art.. I would love to see some info on shark fishing.. looking forward to meting you..

artb
01-08-2002, 05:02 AM
Juro, Roop, and whoever else is running the booth, have a clipboard handy where all the members of Flyfishforum can see it. Checkin, and checkout, that way if a person wants to meet someone, they just have to look at the clipboard to find out who is there.:D

DFix
01-09-2002, 09:29 AM
Art - hope you make the Marlboro show on Saturday - saw your mention of 'not sure' elsewhere; looking forward to seeing you again.