RH Brown [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RH Brown

striblue
01-03-2002, 11:13 PM
PMflyfisher....., I came back from a fly tying meeting tonight and there is a old book dealer there each time. I bought a 1st edition Joe Brooks book on Saltwater flyfishing ,published in 1950, a couple months ago.. Tonight he had a book by Brown "A River Never Sleeps", He said it was a first edition and for sale at $50. I looked at the dates and it has two, both dates were together , I think 1941 ,and 1943.... so I was not sure, but the guy is quite well known and reliable.... I was going to buy it for you but was not sure of the edition. I can contact him if you are interested.. He had a nice 1902 edition of "The Compleat Angler" by Walton. By the way , there is a nice short article by a guy named Morris in the current edition of the Yale Anglers Journal about his meeting Brown at Brown's Home in the early 1950's. Brown's Wife called her husband "Rodddy". I did buy 'Marine Game Fishes of The World".. by La Monte.. A bueatiful little book with great illustrations.. Published in 1952 and got it for $15.

Sprocket
01-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Mr. President - it was a pleasure meeting you finally. I'm glad it won't be the last time you, me & Mr. Happy will get together. Between the two of you - I'm sure the lessons will be great - both in number and impact.
Humbly

Oh Yeah - Red said "It was great craic!" when I asked her about meeting the two of "ye".

striblue
01-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Todd, the feeling is mutual.. hope to see you again and probably will at our booth at the fly show. Did two flies tonight just a Morrison did.. they came out perfect if I say so myself.

pmflyfisher
01-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Striblue,

Just saw this post, thanks for thinking about me. Will have to pass on the RH Brown book now have other funding priorites like the spey rod setup and pontoon boat, etc.. But would love some day to get that book. RH Brown was a great writer and story teller on fly fishing. Pick up some of his books to add to your library, even if you are not primarily a salmon/steelhead fly fisher.

Thanks again,

Hal

striblue
01-05-2002, 12:16 PM
OK.. wll probably do that... I will have it if you want it some day. I will confirm thtit is a first edition first