woooo Hooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: woooo Hooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roballen
01-02-2002, 07:44 PM
If it can happen here is can happen anywhere!!!!

10lb Native Buck took my black and purple marabou In the East Lewis river today He jumpes out of the water by more than a body length 2 times and made at least 10 hard runs. !0 minutes later brought the fish into the shallows unhooked and released. It had a beautiful tall dorsal that had never been rubbed against concrete, and a adipose the size of my thumb.
Chrome bright, I was so happy I quit fishing for the day. Now my only hope is that that proud fish will find an equally beautiful hen and fulfill the legacy for the future.. And of all things the hook was an unsharpened Mustad Huh go figure. why is it we buy these expensive hooks again???

fredaevans
01-02-2002, 10:27 PM
You remember the ones you lost, and the ones you released, not the ones that went on the Barbie.
:smokin:

loco_alto
01-02-2002, 11:13 PM
Fred - you are gonna have to explain that one a little better for this dull hook.

NrthFrk16
01-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Rob, that is great news!! Hopefully that is a prelude of what is to come.

BTW-Local Puget Sound rivers are getting strong early pushes of wild fish and word from the Coast is that there are a higher number then average of early wild fish in the OP Rivers. Are you getting ready for March, Juro?????

juro
01-03-2002, 07:24 AM
I am SO ready!

CONGRATS! Rob, EFL is one of my very favorites. I have fished many, many mornings and evenings in the Daybreak Park area but have been up to Lucia Falls and fished down thru Heissen (sp?) - beautiful river and can be loaded with steelhead. '86 was the most unbelievable year for all Columbia tribs but I would imagine last fall was pretty amazing for those who had the priviledge to fish it.