Sunday Musings [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sunday Musings

FredA
12-30-2001, 02:53 PM
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a safe and happy New Year.

Speaking of New Year's, I got a flyer in the mail for a New Year's eve beach bash down in RI at our favorite oceanside motel. Anybody get the same and are you going? Can I catch a ride?

Just got back from the Cape. Unlike last year when they were pretty much frozen at this time, Kelly's bay and Follins pond were wide open.

Had dinner at Pate's in Chatham last night - not bad. Had the Ceaser's salad with extra anchovies (love anchovies, favorite pizza is with anchovies and onions) which got me wondering about the relative merits of sandeels as a substitute for the anchovies. Any insights Penguin?

Had a Monomoy nightmare last night. Woke up at about 2:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I started to count striper's and the started wondering what was going on, at that instant, at the crib. Sick eh. I drifted off and found myself walking across a gravel causeway to South Monomoy and finding people in lounge chairs sunning themselves with a honky tonk strip in the background....
woke up startled.

Got a Sandpiper chest pack for Xmas. Also put a gift cert. towards a couple of shirts at Fishing the Cape. I looked at the bee attractor (as in, bee like John M.) colors, yellows, salmon, etc. but opted for the earthtones. Got my daughter this stepper exerciser apparatus. Looks like a good Monomoy death march conditioning device.

Happy New year and wake me in May.

striblue
12-30-2001, 04:51 PM
Fred,, That was a great report ..loved it.. Next year you can get the other colors.. after all I have a flats shirt in ALL colors.. you know.. depending on my mood. Never wear the same one in a row.. He.He. http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/cwm/cwm/cwm27.gif ... Walking to south Monomoy.. are you sure it was not us sitting at the point rip getting up enough courage to make the 8 mile walk. Hope to see you at the show.

Penguin
12-30-2001, 10:09 PM
Fred...
Amazing!...Last night I had a dream I was lounging/sunning myself and I saw you walking around off in the distance in new waders and wearing a backpack with the zipper sewn shut...Go figure!?
And as far as sand eels on pizza goes, while they leave a strong after taste and your breath will closely resemble LOW TIDE, at least you won't have to get up at 0'dark thirty with the dreaded anchovy induced "unquenchable-mega-thirst"...
Happy Holidaze!!!
Hope to see y'all at the Marlboro Show!

JimW
12-31-2001, 11:48 AM
Fred, I saw some biggies rising in a pond on my way through Myles Standish on Christmas eve day.

New years at Ralph's place, Excellent! Who else is in?
On second thought, Ralph never sent me a Christmas card :( Maybe he sent one to the forum.