Pending IGFA bluefish records [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Pending IGFA bluefish records

Dble Haul
12-27-2001, 07:18 PM
A friend has just pointed out this blurb from the January 2002 issue of Sport Fishing:

<<Angler Acha Lord of Reading, Massachusetts, set two possible bluefish fly-rod records on the same September day by landing a 9 1/2-pounder on a "yellow sock fly" with 6-pound tippet, and an 11-pounder on a crease fly with 4-pound tippet. The latter fish required nearly an hour to land.>>

Based on what Striblue posted a short while ago from his IGFA book about standing bluefish records, this blurb is not at all accurate. These two fish don't come close to being records.

Am I missing something? :confused:

striblue
12-27-2001, 10:23 PM
Mark, I just log into the IGFA records and the record is correct.. this is a Womans fly rod record.. When I posted I just included the men... No reason ..it was that men's records were larger fish.. nothing intended there ..I will include the Woman's records on another post.

Dble Haul
12-28-2001, 10:18 AM
Striblue- Thank you for the clarification. The short paragraph that I quoted is all that was printed in the magazine, with no reference to the fish being records that are pending for women. In fact, the small picture that accompanied the blurb had two men holding the fish. A little attention to detail on their part could have saved me some confusion.

Again, thanks.

Lefty
12-28-2001, 01:31 PM
We got quite a flyfishing tradition in Reading, right Dave W.?

Lefty