Check out my new wesite please [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Check out my new wesite please

fjdenigris
12-24-2001, 05:36 PM
Check out my new wesite, www.fishingforum.net

Hey all,
Please check out my new website, The Fishing Forum. A friendly place for people to network. Share stories, pictures, tricks, tactics, tips, etc. A family -friendly, closely moderated forum where flaming, spamming and indecent posts are removed. So come share your knowledge of catfish hunting and learn about trolling for tuna. Let me know what you think of the site!

http://www.fishingforum.net
The Fishing Forum

Thanks,
Frank

JimW
12-24-2001, 06:28 PM
No Thanks.

NrthFrk16
12-24-2001, 06:53 PM
SPAM sucks!!!!:tsk_tsk:

Adrian
12-24-2001, 07:08 PM
Kinda reminds you of a knock-off golf clubs (Castoway, Tommy Ardour etc.) doesn't it?

Hawkeye
12-24-2001, 08:35 PM
Spam, spam, spam, spam. Spam, spam, spam, spam. SPAM, SPAMEDY SPAM!

Etiquette lessons anyone?

striblue
12-24-2001, 08:36 PM
I think you have worked hard at setting up your site.. I really focus on flyfishing and wish you luck.

Penguin
12-25-2001, 09:57 AM
...old bicycle mechanic's rule to live by...
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

FFF is home and the members are family.
I'm sure you mean well but this place is special!
FFF is more than just a site, it's a philosophy and a union of dedicated friends with a focus and a mission. Synergy in motion!

fjdenigris
12-25-2001, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, I understand what you have here at the Flyfishing forum is special. I am not trying to take away from it, or take you away from it. I was looking for feedback, and also trying to get some people to check it out. Thanks again.

Frank

ssully
12-27-2001, 09:49 PM
Frank,

I checked out your site.

It's pretty lean right now but you have to start somewhere. Getting the BBS up and running first is a good start. Then you should add links to things like Connecticut's Fish & Wildlife page so people can look up the state regulations and license fees. Links to other sites that are fishing related.

Also it's URL is pretty vague "Fishing Forum.Net". You stated, "So come share your knowledge of catfish hunting and learn about trolling for tuna". Maybe to start off you may want to focus a little more. Stick to what YOU know. For example how about, "Connecticut Fresh Water Fishing Forum". That way you will draw people who are interested in coming to Connecticut to fish and maybe get input from local people with experience who can offer some words of wisdom.

Also you didn't clearly explain your motive for putting up this page.
Did you do it for a hobby, to create a fishing club for friends or to just make a buck?

Just my .02

fredaevans
12-27-2001, 10:03 PM
'Nuff said.
fe

fjdenigris
12-28-2001, 08:43 AM
ssully-
Thanks for the feedback!
"Then you should add links to things like Connecticut's Fish & Wildlife page so people can look up the state regulations and license fees. Links to other sites that are fishing related."

I am working on a links page now.

"Maybe to start off you may want to focus a little more"

Unlike the Flyfishing Forum, I wanted a forum for all kinds of fishing. You are into flyfishing, so am I. But I also fish for Bass and Catfish. I would also like to discuss topics about Catfish. You might be planning a trip to go Muskie fishing with some guys at work, but know nothing about it. Then you can go to The Fishing Forum (Someday I hope!), read posts and ask questions. Just like many people do here. I started reading the threads here because I wanted to know more about flyfishing.

"Also you didn't clearly explain your motive for putting up this page."

I started it as a winter hobby. If it pays for itself, that would be great. If it makes more, I'm happy with that too!

Thanks again for your feedback!

Frank