First Swap Flies Are In [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: First Swap Flies Are In

Roop
12-21-2001, 04:56 PM
Received a package today from CT., couldn't figure out what the heck it was.

Double Haul's Yellow Cone Head Bunny Leech.

Nicely done!

Image & instructions to follow.

Dble Haul
12-21-2001, 06:42 PM
Roop- Glad they made it to you. I sent them out on Tuesday via standard mail and really didn't know how long they'd take to get over there.

Looking forward to seeing the others as they arrive. :)

Lefty
12-28-2001, 08:19 AM
Roop,
I finally got startes and will finish soon. We got 7 entries correct? And the suggested deadline is by 2 weeks after new years?
If it helps I can whip out the digital camera and do my image and instructions for you. Where are you planning on putting the images and recipes? In the warmwater fly archive? Let me know.

Lefty

juro
12-28-2001, 08:51 AM
Hi Terry -

Since we always put swap images and recipes into the archives, I think it would always help to get images if you have the means. In the past people could not post their own images, now we can. So if tyers want to take their own images that's fine.

Recipe text should always come from the tyer and be posted directly into the archives.

looking forward to seein' them!

Lefty
12-28-2001, 12:24 PM
Juro and Jeff,
In rereading my post it looks like I was offering to do ALL the flies. I was just refering to mine to lighten the load a bit. But, once I get my mix back, I could shoot any that are not done yet. Keep it in mind if you can't get to them.
Thanks,
Lefty (who's shopping for a 7 wt. to use these flies on).

StriperTom
12-31-2001, 10:56 AM
Roop,

Is this a 'revolving' swap? In other words, everyone ties up six flies and sends them to you.. as soon as you get six sets you re-distribute them out and start again?

Sorry, but I am coming into this late in the game and would like to participate!

Thanks,

-- Tom

Roop
12-31-2001, 02:27 PM
ST,

Nope, Double Haul just got his in first & I thought I'd use it as a reminder - I'll probably be last.

Once all are received, one of each pattern is sent back to each contributor.

Happy New Year.

StriperTom
12-31-2001, 02:35 PM
Ok, so I assume this swap is all full then?

Thanks.

-- Tom

Roop
01-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Nope, please join us. :)

I'll make up for the one you'd be short.

Roop

Lefty
01-02-2002, 08:29 AM
Oops, mine went out in the mail this am. I think I put in an extra though. Not sure. let's see:

There were:

7 entries (I think)
less one for myself =6
Add one extra for the meister=7

I think I sent 7.

Lefty.

StriperTom
01-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Sorry for all the confusion that I may have caused. I think I got this swap confused with another, revolving swap, which made it easier for people to come in and join at any time.

Since most people have already targetted 7 flies, I don't want to complicate things by coming in late and will sit this one out.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one, now that I am more tuned into this board.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion..

-- Tom

juro
01-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Tom -

IMHO don't worry about it! We'd love to have you. You are sure to beat me anyway :rolleyes:

Seriously, just do it.

best regards,
Juro

Lefty
01-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Tom,
Don't mind me I'm easily confused. This thing seems to be layed back like bass fishing itself.
If you feel like giviing and getting some warmwater flies, go for it. I hope to get some great ones to try. If not, catch ya on the next one.

Lefty

StriperTom
01-04-2002, 08:26 AM
Ok.. I'm in.

Roop, please send me your snail mail address and I will send you 7 flies on Monday.

I'm not sure what to call the thing I am tying (I came up with it last night with materials I had on hand). It is a chartreuese popping bug, like a Bob's Banger, with rubber legs through the body and a chart. rabbit strip collar (behind the foam head) and tail, tied on a stinger hook.

Hopefully this fits the theme of the swap, if not, please let me know before they go into production :)

-- Tom

juro
01-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Yessir, it fits the intent just fine. Hope I get one.

Terry, we're just going to have to follow this up with a bronzeback clave this spring 2002 - I will go ahead and add it as a resolution NOW.

Lefty
01-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Info from the New Hampster Wildlife sight for thought.

Smallmouth Bass
All bass are spring spawners, with nest-building occurring in mid-May when the water temperatures are in the high 50s and low 60s. Spawning smallmouths are found in areas with gravel and boulder bottoms. In the summer, they will stay in deeper water than largemouths because they like the cooler temperatures. Look for smallmouths along rocks near drop-offs. On summer nights, smallmouths will head to shallow water looking for crayfish.

Several methods may be used to take smallmouths, including fly casting with floating bugs, and trolling or casting with a plug or spinner. The most common and successful method is still-fishing with live bait, such as worms, minnows, hellgrammites and crayfish. Fall brings them back into shallower water, which awakens a drive to eat and put on weight for the winter.

Roop
01-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Terry's flies are in.

Good use of the down-turned eye!

I'm getting warmed up now....

StriperTom
01-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Can someone email me Roop's snail mail address please?

Flies are done and ready to go.

-- Tom

Roop
01-06-2002, 04:03 PM
ST - sorry I will send it to you right now.

FYI - I also finished my flies today. #6 olive & white, Dahlberg Diver influenced.

Roop

StriperTom
01-09-2002, 02:46 PM
My flies went in the mail today.

-- Tom

StriperTom
01-31-2002, 09:10 AM
Whats the status of this swap?

I sent my flies in and haven't heard much since. Roop, can you let me know if you received them?

-- Tom

Roop
01-31-2002, 10:27 AM
I'm embarassed to say that I think we're all set. :eyecrazy:

I was hoping I'd beat you to the punch!! I will check out my desk tonight & see what we have & post info tonight.

Thanks ST - Roop

juro
01-31-2002, 10:54 AM
Roop -

Mine have not been sent yet. I'll finish them this weekend.

Sorry to all for the delay.

Juro

DFix
01-31-2002, 01:04 PM
Roop - I gave you my entry at the show.