Winter?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Winter??

NrthFrk16
12-17-2001, 11:05 PM
It is the Winter Volume of FlyFishing Forum...does that mean Land of the Giants Part III is next??

Hopefully so... ;)

There is nothing like the real thing but if I must fish a river vicariously, Juro is one of the best fisherman to do it through.

saltRon
12-18-2001, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by NrthFrk16
It is the Winter Volume of FlyFishing Forum...does that mean Land of the Giants Part III is next??

Hopefully so... ;)

There is nothing like the real thing but if I must fish a river vicariously, Juro is one of the best fisherman to do it through. We should refer to you as the SAGE OF THE WEST. SALTRON

SaGe -- wise beyond your years -- Nowing all , The Benefactor of the Unwashed saltron

NrthFrk16
12-18-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by saltRon
We should refer to you as the SAGE OF THE WEST. SALTRON

:confused: Juro or myself?

Sage of the West?? :confused:

Sorry, I'm a little slow. :(

saltRon
12-18-2001, 12:39 AM

:confused: Juro or myself?

Sage of the West?? :confused:

Sorry, I'm a little slow. :( yOUR THJE SAGE jURO IS THE Guru

NrthFrk16
12-18-2001, 03:04 AM
Sage??? I think I'm far from it...I'm just a little too young. ;)

sage 1 [sayj ] noun (plural sa·ges)
wise person: somebody who is regarded as knowledgeable, wise, and experienced, especially a man of advanced years revered for his wisdom and good judgment (literary)

adjective
wise: having or showing great wisdom, especially that gained from long experience of life (literary)

Guru???

gu·ru [g r ] (plural gu·rus) noun

1. Hindu or Sikh religious teacher: in Hinduism and Sikhism, a religious leader or teacher

2. leader of religious group: a spiritual leader of or intellectual guide for a religious group or movement especially one being described as non-mainstream

3. somebody influential: somebody who is prominent and influential in a specific field and sets a trend or starts a movement a meeting of the world's software gurus

4. individual's revered teacher and counselor: a teacher or counselor in spiritual or intellectual matters who is especially revered and followed by an individual

Now that I can see...Juro a religous leader of a flyfishing cult. :hehe: Next thing you know, the ATF will be outside his house demanding he turn over all his flyrods and computers unless he wants a tank driven over his house.

juro
12-18-2001, 03:51 AM
Ryan -

Funny I was thinking it's about time I got part III of "Living Large" completed and published, afterall it is winter. I know it's late but the subject is timeless. I'll work on it and post it soon. Right now me and 50 other people are finishing up an all-night effort to push new pages live at Lycos. It's 5am and sleep sounds real good about now...

Hopefully so... ;)

There is nothing like the real thing but if I must fish a river vicariously, Juro is one of the best fisherman to do it through.

pmflyfisher
12-18-2001, 06:28 AM
I was wondering when you guys considered the start of Winter that Autumn Forumn was starting to bother me. Although this year in Chicago we have not really started winter yet no snow of any type, we usually get something by Thanksgiving weekend.

We will take it though.