Christmas wish list [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Christmas wish list

Dble Haul
12-14-2001, 10:05 AM
Assuming everyone has been behaving this year and got on Santa's "good" list, what do you all want for holiday gifts?

My wife just recently informed me that she's interested in a small boat for the nearby Connecticut River (she's gotta get her smallmouth fix), so plans for a yak may be delayed. If we combine our Christmas bonuses we might be able to get a john boat, and my dad has an outboard that's not getting any use. I could probably take it off his hands. :devil:

My relatives usually get me gift certificates to flyfishing and outdoor gear catalogs, so I might be able to right my own ticket. Another saltwater rod (perhaps an 8 wt. Redbone) is a definite, and a couple more lines will be necessary.

Oh yes, any furniture for the new house will be OK too. Priorities! :hehe:

Happy holidays to all!

John Desjardins
12-14-2001, 10:35 AM
A new car to replace my trusty rusty Subaru, who's engine died in cloud of blue smoke last night
on rt 2. west.

A canoe to take my son fishing, I had permission and the funds for it this year, but somehow the funds went for a snow blower.

Lastly, and most importantly, peace and good will on earth

mayflyman
12-14-2001, 12:07 PM
I want Santa's list of naughty girls... :devil:

juro
12-15-2001, 08:53 PM
It started out that the family thought I should get a palm pilot but now with some correction from me it will be my favorite - more fishing gear!

I think my cross-country swap with Sean will take care of the kayak jones.

Probably go with a handheld waterproof gps.

NrthFrk16
12-15-2001, 09:37 PM
Juro needing a GPS?!!?...I am very dispointed as I thought you were the master of navigation via compass. ;)

Dble Haul
12-16-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mayflyman
I want Santa's list of naughty girls... :devil:

Mayflyman, I think that you are now officially on the "naughty" list! :tsk_tsk:

mayflyman
12-16-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dble Haul

Mayflyman, I think that you are now officially on the "naughty" list! :tsk_tsk:

Does this mean we are NOT going to New Zealand together? :confused:
I was just joking around... :) :rolleyes: :hehe:
My kids gave me the best gift for christmas, they come to my empty arms.

Dble Haul
12-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Mayflyman- You're joke is duly noted, as I returned with one in kind. :) I laughed in spite of myself, and my wife probably thinks that I'm up to no good right now.

I'd say that we're still on for New Zealand. I suppose that some fundraising will be necessary for airfare, accomodations, and the like. Maybe a bake sale? :rolleyes:

Have a great Christmas with your family. Let me know of any fundraising ideas that you might have. :D

striblue
12-16-2001, 10:26 PM
Mayflyman.... sorry...but I have that list right now... just got it and I afraid I can't share.
http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/contrib/blackeye/deal.gif