Its Raining, Its Pouring... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Its Raining, Its Pouring...

NrthFrk16
12-13-2001, 10:10 PM
...and the bugrods are snoring!!! :(

It is a pretty humbling site to be in a 16' sled and to see 100' Alder tree and a stump/rootball the size of the boat you are in come floating downsream just in front of you.

GOD!!...I want to get out and toss some flies but Mother Nature just wont let me. On the bright side, for the first time ever, I fished the infamous Reiter Ponds all alone, all by myself. For about 90 minutes there was not another single fisherman.

Now if that can only happen in the middle of August when there aggresive summer-runs by the hundreds stacked in there. Surface fly steelies would be a piece of cake!!

If you look at the 10 day Weather.com forecast, we wont see any sun 'till the 22nd. Although it is a little depressing, I cant say I'm not happy as every inch of snowpack helps our struggling salmonids... :)

sean
12-13-2001, 10:34 PM
Yeah for the lack of a better word it sucks outside. Have not even thought about fishing the last few weeks. Well I have thought about it but then i take a step outside and retreat back into the house....:(

Have been hearing the hatchery showing has been impressive so far. Can you confirm?

If that is the case hopefully things are looking up for the nates this spring. Now if the rain will at least stop for a few days so the rivers can come around.

-sean

NrthFrk16
12-13-2001, 10:53 PM
The brats are here and here and in full force!!! I dont ever remember seeing this many brats...

Just to show you how good it has been, I read in the Herald today that Triangle Beverage already has like 40 fished brought in for their derby when of all of last winter, they had a total of 35.

And it isn't even Christmas yet!! :)