Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bonefish and Tarpon in Barbados

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ChrisBrayPI 
#1 ·
There was a thread back in 2006 on this forum about fly fishing for bonefish in Barbados. Seems like the contributors to the discussion were divided on whether there were opportunities for bonefish. Since it's been 9 years since that discussion was posted, I thought I'd start a new thread.

Has anybody taken their fly rod and hunted bonefish?

Also, what about tarpon? I have read there is tarpon inshore. I have already contacted a few fishing charter captains, and none have a boat that is adequate for fly fishing for tarpon (all are deep sea operations). Does anybody have any recommendations on a local guide who has a panga boat (or better yet, a skiff) that is willing to hunt tarpon for a day?

Looking at maps of the island, there are small rivers that flow into the bays at Holetown and Bridgetown on the west side (especially Bridgetown, where the Constitution River flows into Carlisle Bay), Walkers Beach & Cove Bay on the east side. These look like good possibilities for a tarpon habitat.

Any experience or recommendations would be appreciated. We will be staying in Carlisle Bay, so obviously the Constitution River option is the most hopeful.

Chris

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.